What Would Make a RH Shoot All Over ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
You can check if the cylinder play is too much by seeing if it spits lead when shooting cast bullets. Use a piece of scrap wood next to the gun when shooting. Some play is typically a good thing as it allows the bullet to align with the barrel throat. I would be surprised if you have enough play to affect accuracy; I feel that you would notice other issues first.

wwb

Hunter
henry-b said:
I have figured out that I can put a bore-light down the front, and peer down the barrel at the same time, and see a lot. I can rotate the cyl back and forth, but am not sure how many degrees might be too much. Any ideas ? 1 dgree ? 10 ? 20 ?

It should be noted that when you measure cylinder play or cylinder alignment, it should be done in the "as fired" condition - trigger held to the rear with the hammer down.

henry-b

Bearcat
Yes, thx, I know & have been doing just the same. I'll take it out next time and hope for a miracle.

Mtnstryder

Bearcat
I bought a Redhawk 45/45acp a month ago it would group 10 to 30 inch's .I sent to Ruger got it back a week later and it it grouped 10 to 12 inch's a little better but really bad for the price of the gun.I have a Phoenix Arms 22 that will put 10 rounds in 2 inch's at 25 yards.I just sent it back to Ruger .