What is your favorite Blackhawk for woods carry?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
Where I live a 357 Mag will handle any situation one may run into in my opinion. So this 357 50th Anniversary that got run through Bowen Classic Arms fills the bill for me.

50THAnniversary.jpg

Corbi

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
I like the 4-5/8" guns, the Flat top 44 is nice. But that 4-5/8" Stainless 45 Colt, is discontinued. They are sweet. I'd grab that one for sure.

Alright, I did it.....probably paid too much but that is what I get for procrastinating. I hit buy now on an auction for a stainless Flat Top 45 convertable.

Thanks for all the replies.

Corbi

Rclark

Hunter
Okay! Cool! Post up a picture when you get it.

Just remember the flattop .45 convertible will NOT handle .45 Colt Ruger Only Loads. That said it will easily handle tier 2 loads which I think is plenty. That is the only caveat. I have two of them a blued and stainless in 5 1/2" (my favorite barrel length).

Hugh

Buckeye
My all time favorite shooter is this New Model Blackhawk .45 Colt, 4-5/8", stainless grip frame, blue steel ERH, and ivory grips. Like the others have said, it can do pretty much anything you want in the shooting department.
rugernewmodelblackhawkc.jpg

Corbi

Single-Sixer
Thanks. I have wanted a 45 convertable for years. I prefer stainless. This special run pushed me over the edge. I'm excited to get a revolver in 45ACP!

My plan is to use 45 ACP. I have plenty of brass and +1000 rounds in the coffers. I would like to load up to 45 Super levels. (250 grain at 1,000fps)

If I need more power I have the 44 Redhawk. (4" :mrgreen: )

Now I need leather and maybe a new boolet mold.

Corbi

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
Original Vaquero (eg: large frame), 4 5/8 bbl, blue or stainless, in 45 Colt is it in my book. Ultimate working gun, woods, backcountry, farm or ranch. Some heavy 300+ grain hard cast WFNGC's and you're ready to kill anything you come across, even them pesky Democraps!

DGNY

Bearcat
OM unconverted .41 Mag 4.625". A gentleman on another forum sold me a dandy OWB western style holster for it. Likes maybe 7.4 gr 231 under 215 SWC. Nice package. A bit of wear/character on the blue, gussied up with fake ivories and she is good to go.

In reserve, unconverted OM .45 C/.45ACP 4.625" - fits the same holster.

Regards,

Dyson

Rclark

Hunter
I'm excited to get a revolver [ from Lipsey ... a stainless Flat Top 45 convertable. ] in 45ACP! ... 250g at 1000fps
In one of my Lipsey 5 1/2" convertible flattops shooting .45ACP, with 6.0g of Unique under 250g RNFP, I got 968fps. Didn't push it any higher. You'll have to work up some loads :) .

any ruger

Blackhawk
Anything with a ruger name on it. One day it might be a 22 next day a357 day after a 44 it depends on what I pull out of the safe . For me it's pretty hard to pick a favorite ruger I love them all .