What is the longest you have looked for a gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
weaselmeatgravy said:
I sure wanted a cased S&W pre-29 .44 Mag for a long time, like over 30 years, and then when I finally bought one a month ago, I couldn't afford to keep it!

I waited years for my 1956 pre model 27 in nickle but now because you guys got me hooked on OM Rugers I had to sell it! At least I got three Rugers worth out of it tho :)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I guess you can say that my long time on again/off again search for the perfect Service Six was finally completed last week. I found her on Gunbroker: stainless, 4 inch barrel, .38 Special, 1988 production, nearly new condition. For $330.00 plus shipping I feel like I did just fine. And yes, she shoots as good as she looks!! The only problem is that now I feel compelled to accumulate lots of shooter grade Service Sixes to save wear and tear on her. :oops:

pix761087941.jpg

I tried to acquire a Ruger hand drill for many years, probably 12 or 13 anyway, and finally picked one up a few months ago.

Next longest is waiting for a new Les Baer AR I ordered a few days ago. He told me I have about a 12 week wait.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I had bought a cool Redhawk back about 1989. It was a blued 44RM 5.5-incher and it had the factory scope cuts and rings included!

I bought it new from Shooter's Supply in Phoenix when they had the wholesale operation and they had some unique guns from time-to-time.

I swapped it for a SBH Hunter like a fool in 1999 (to a good guy in Kingman who has since passed on) and have never found one since... so that makes my search a good twenty+ years...

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I've been looking for about twenty years for a shooter grade tang safety 77RS in 22-250. I've had my hands on three of them, all being sold as I walked in the door. I've dreamed of a Hawkeye since they were discounted because they didn 't sell. Never had the money when I saw one.
Bfly

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Well, on and off over 25 years, and persistence finally pays off. When I had an FFL, I came into the M77 RSI in 5X57, directly from the distributor, primarily because I love that little 7mm. Soon after I became aware of the 7mm 08, and that like the 7X57 was not a catalogued gun in that model. So had to have one. Just never found one I wanted for the price, and actually never found all that many out there. All that changed, I found a NIB 7mm 08 RSI that I do not believe ever had the bolt in the action until yesterday, when I put it in the safe. Thinking it would be of the vintage the Ruger Reference showed, between 77-53496 and 77-55394, I felt I had found one in the early series. But, the s/n is just a "tad" outside that range. This gun is 77-16596. I know Ruger was a bit sloppy and issued guns somewhat randomly, but I thought this number to be a real flier.

The "Twins"

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I will answer a question with a question....does the HUNT ever end ??? Sometimes I find things I didn't even know I was looking for :lol: :lol: :lol: life is realatively sort in the big scheme so have fun while you can..... RR.

Been looking for the Ruger that would cure my need for another...still looking after 30+ years, Like Radical Rod stated above, I have acquired many guns I didn't know I needed but haven't found the Ruger that I want :lol: :lol: :lol: The one I want is the next one....always just one more.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

98_1LE

Single-Sixer
radicalrod said:
Well I will answer a question with a question....does the HUNT ever end ??? Sometimes I find things I didn't even know I was looking for :lol: :lol: :lol: life is realatively sort in the big scheme so have fun while you can..... RR.
Unfortunately I am thinking this is the case, but I am still in denial. Deny deny deny. Man that felt good.

toddsmith8075

Bearcat
Ever since I read about the Winchester t/d 45-70 I wanted one. But I did just find a tang safety .308 RSI and that's going to satisfy my rifle urge for a long time... :lol: :lol: :lol: todd

toddsmith8075 said:
But I did just find a tang safety .308 RSI and that's going to satisfy my rifle urge for a long time... :lol: :lol: :lol: todd

Congratulations on the .308RSI...one of my favorite ever Ruger rifles...the tang safety models were just about perfect, I am not a fan of the Winchester style three position safety Ruger went to on the Mk II....I have been trying to find a .30-06 RSI tang safety model for a long time....enjoy the rifle, mine is a sub-MOA with handloads and Leupold 4x.

BTW...Amen to your God is Great statement.....

toddsmith8075

Bearcat
Thanks Nh Rugerman, (Brother Christ Follower!!)

It has been a long time coming. You know, I was looking for an '06 or a .270 too, but after reading up on how much the short bbl affects the efficiency of the powder burn, AND because the short action is lighter, AND because the .308 is so easy to get, AND because I'll probably never hunt more than hogs, deer, and black bear from now on, probably in wooded areas, the .308 seemed the perfect solution.

todd