what is a 77 RSI in 243 worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Bought this for wife in early 80's....she carried in woods a few times and shot it a few times....no wants it gone and I have no idea what it is worth...ser # 78-19xxx

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Fred, as you know, condition means a lot and we have no pics here, but if in very good condition I'd guess in the $800 range, possibly a bit more depending on where you are (for a local sale). Sounds like yours will be a tang safety model, which some will pay a premium for as opposed to the Mk II. Rings and box may add a little value, or a quality scope. They are very nice little rifles. Hope you'll offer it for sale here if you decide to do so.
Ken

Last edited:

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Hi Ken
Thanks for your reply....it is a tang safety model...it is a little jewel! It has lived its life in my safe but for a few occasions. I am not smart enough to post pics but can email or text them. After 40 years I don't think we have the box....but the rings go with it but not the scope. I will check the attic for the box but it is doubtful. And yes it will be for sale here.
Soon

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Sounds like a solid $800 gun. 😉 I went to an auction about a month ago, after a tang 77 in 22- 250 with a heavy barrel . This was a shooter grade gun ,no scope some minor sratches but nice . Ended up going for $1375 😲 A young Amish man bought it . I was done bidding at $900............ Those tang safety 77s are very collectible these days !