• Ruger FAL in .308

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All new semi auto .308/.300AAC/.300 W

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johnqpublic

Bearcat
DPris said:
Let's be quite clear- This was NOT Ruger. Ruger did NOT originate the joke. Ruger did NOT participate in it.
If you're going to be irate over it, don't direct it at the Ruger people.

And, if there's still anybody not understanding, it WAS strictly a joke.
The only SR30 now in existence is that sign at the range.
Denis

I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I think many of us had hopes for something big from Ruger at the SHOT show and when we saw the SR-30 sign we all applied our personal wishlist item to that mysterious plaque held by Jeff Quinn. I know that I had hoped for a new Ruger XGI in .308 but alas that was not to be :cry:
Ruger has been rolling out a lot of impressive new products recently and I thought that something like the XGI would really get their sales numbers skyrocketing. :D

johnqpublic

Bearcat
6709166363_0cf298b018_o.jpg

Top left on the map are the range numbers SR-25 to SR-30 :roll:

DPris

Buckeye
Colt fans want the Python back, Ruger fans want the XGI.
Neither will happen.

If & when Ruger does bring out a semi-auto .308, it'll have to be something else. They played with the XGI enough to give up on it long ago.
Denis

mattsbox99

Hunter
Ruger is a different company today than when WBR ran it. What they may or may not do is purely speculation. I don't even know what Colt is anymore, Remington and S&W are right down the same road.

Trent

Bearcat
mattsbox99 said:
sebtool said:
Matt, you may be right about the .300AAC vs the 6.8. I was reading about the AAC, and it seems that there are several aftermarket/custom manufacturers tooling up for it. The .30AR is another possibility. 125 gr bullet at 2800 fps advertised. Not too shabby, IMO.
http://rifleshooter.com/2011/07/rifleshooter-com-review-remington-r15-30ar-model-60100/

Remington's R15 is also available in .223 and .204 Ruger, and it seems they're going to be putting out more chamberings shortly. The .30AR specifically, and I thought I saw something about a mid bore, .260 mebbe??? Just like the Mini 14 platform, the .308 is a bit too much for it to handle.

Oh yeah, .450 Bushmaster, too! :D

I'm not into the 'tacti-cool' black rifle thing, but could see the versatility of a lower with several uppers available, especially in decent hunting/defense rounds. I.E., not .223/5.56. And yeah, camo is better..... :wink:

Mebbe a piston driven SR30 wouldn't be such a bad thing after all... BUT - a Mini 30 in .30AR would be better!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think .30 AR is dead or at least on its deathbed. It uses the old 30 Remington case instead of the Fireball case like the Whisper and AAC. I'm really not that well versed on the history of the Whisper, here is a link to the BLK FAQs.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=73274

The 30 AR (or 30 Remington AR) doesn't use the 30 Remington case at all. It uses a modified version of the .450 Bushmaster case (which in turn is based off the .284 Winchester case) that has been necked down to 30 caliber. The case is short and fat. It is an absolutely fantastic cartridge. Up to the 150gr bullets it is about 95% of a .308win.