What do you use your Blackhawk or Vaquero for?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
12401192.jpg

This little buddy (.44 magnum w/ 300 gr. cast bullets) is a constant companion. Well, I don't carry it when skiing "in bounds" but, in the back country, in spring, you bet I do.........

Summer time there are various "packin' pistols" that see the light of day. .32 mag to .454 Casull..........

flatgate

mattusmc45

Bearcat
I just really like the look and feel of the single action Rugers. With NYs new gun law I am going to be putting the Glock 21 back in the safe and use my Blackhawk 357 as my hiking gun I think. Maybe the 22 single six would be more appropriate. I am mostly a collector and a target shooter though. Something nostalgic about a single action revolver

mooshoo

Bearcat
here is my 1959 357 mag flattop
SDC12348.jpg

and my custom 45 colt with a 10" saa barrel on 357 3 screw frame
SDC12288.jpg

SDC12284.jpg

they are just cool!!!!!!!!!! thats reason enough

The only guns I hunt with, even in Hells Canyon. There is also one on me everytime I saddle up and ride in the hills around home here of often a short one is on my hip in a Mernickle PS6 holser for concealed carry.

Chukar hunter

Bearcat
My Vaqueros are used for cowboy action shooting and informal plinking and target work. My Blackhawks are used for the targets and plinking, but are also ready to go as my sidearm when hunting or riding/hiking through country where I become part of the food chain.

catfish621

Single-Sixer
During the summer my single six goes everywhere with the Mag cylinder for groundhogs and such. Come deer season the blackhawk in .45 colt takes it's place. I love my GP100 but I shoot the single actions so much better that I have the confidence in them for hunting.