What Do You Guys Use Your SA Revolvers For?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Max where did you shoot that monster and how many holes did you have to make in it to bring it to a stop.

Major T

Blackhawk
SIL is a farmer and a rancher. I'm bumping eighty and not of much use at heavy work any more. During his planting and harvest times, I am sometimes useful at checking cattle and windmills and feeding either hay or range cubes. The ranch truck is equipped for handeling round bales and he has range cube trailer with a measured dispenser. Sometimes we have to break ice at the water troughs.

For bumming about the ranch, I wear a holstered 4 7/8" stainless .44 Special Flat Top loaded with a 240 Keith type bullet @ about 1000fps. Never can tell when a rattlesnake, hog, coyote, or porcupine or some other varmint might need shooting. It is much handier than a carbine from the truck. Usually have my Mini-14 as well, for those occasions when there is enough time to use it.

Sometimes during the warmer season, I carry a Bearcat with a couple of rat shot up first. That stuff melts snakes of up to moderate size.

My beautifully fitted and finished .44 Anniversary is for admiring and civilized range and plinking. No hard work in it's future. The stainless Super Single Six may get more ranch use when I get a satisfactory holster for it. With the Magnum cylinder installed, it should be up to general ranch work.

Best,

Jack

BearBio

Buckeye
Mostly outside work. We have a FEW grizzlies here, as well as elk and moose. For field work or bumming, I carry a SBH OM in 45 Colt or a Custom Reeder SBH in 454.

RODNUT

Bearcat
My 44mag Blackhawk is my coyote lower jaw removal tool. For Utah coyote bounty program we are required to turn in the ears and lower jaw for the bounty and a quick shot to the back of the jaw makes for easier removal.. My Blackhawk is always with me when afield.

Shotguns

Bearcat
I would love to wear my as concealed carry but it's a Super Blackhawk Hunter with a 7.5 barrel. Maybe my next will be a Vaquero with a 4 5/8" barrel. That would be awesome. Where I'm from someone would start trouble with me thinking I'm playing cowboy not knowing I'm a true redneck.

Shotguns said:
I would love to wear my as concealed carry but it's a Super Blackhawk Hunter with a 7.5 barrel. Maybe my next will be a Vaquero with a 4 5/8" barrel. That would be awesome. Where I'm from someone would start trouble with me thinking I'm playing cowboy not knowing I'm a true redneck.

4 5/8" .45 colt Blackhawk carries concealed well. So the Vaquero should work well too.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Jeepnik said:
Shotguns said:

4 5/8" .45 colt Blackhawk carries concealed well. So the Vaquero should work well too.
Or the New Vaquero 3.5" Birdshead in .45 Colt, which is more concealable under a jacket or vest, but it ain't exactly a little Tupperware 9mm:

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroStainless/specSheets/5151.html

5151.jpg

Then there's the slightly beefier NV Birdshead 3.5" in .44 Magnum:

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroStainless/specSheets/10596.html

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
fun!! sa revolvers are what i cut my teef on, so they bring me right back. i am one with the revolver.