What did you pay for your SR1911 ? This should be good !!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What did you pay (BEFORE taxes and fees) for your SR1911 ?

• $550-575

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • $576-600

Votes: 28 10.1%
  • $601-625

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • $626-650

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • $651-675

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • $676-700

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • $701-725

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • $726-750

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • $751-775

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • $776-800

Votes: 19 6.9%

• Total voters

dlidster

Single-Sixer
I've mentioned this before. I purchased my SR1911 the first week of May, 2011 for $645. Since that time I continue to be amazed by the number of people on this forum who either can't find them or can't find them for less than MRSP. Honestly, they are out there and you don't have to look that hard.

Monday of this week I was at B W Outfitters in Anita, Iowa (pop. 952) to purchase a 10/22 TALO Boy Scout. While there I asked about their sales of SR1911s. They said business had been great. When their previous shipment of 80 was down to three (3) they received another 50. They sell them for $655. While I was in the store they still had 49 in stock. If you're interested, check out Brad Wendt's web site. If you live in Iowa, this is worth a road trip. These are great people.

BTW, I selected my TALO Boy Scout from among 20. I paid less than any price you'll find on GunBroker or GunsAmerica.

http://www.bwoutfitters.net/

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Traveled to 7 shops in Missouri in the last 6 months with no luck of getting one, orders have not been filled in months.....
I got mine at the Army base last week for $644 out the door.
New gun counter at the PX, Ruger sent 3 SR1911s for the Grand Opening....lucky me.

Glassfixer

Bearcat
I just picked up my SR 1911 up from my FFL but have not had time to test it out yet. It was $650 off of GB.. It looks great and has a yellow dot with a black slash. Now I can be a member of this elite club.:) - Glassfixer

side by side

Single-Sixer
Just purchased one, I'll pick it up tomorrow $536.00, This will be my second one,the first one had a loose slide, Sold it! Thought I'd try one more time, if this one has problems it will be on Gun Broker this eekend.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Most gi 1911 were loose. Accuracy is based on how consistant the barrels locks into battery not how tight it fits the slide. It is nice to have a tight gun as it shows build quality, but too tight and the gun will have some issues. Not sure the issues this guy has had but mine is smooth with no excessive slop in the frame side fit. I am more concerned with how tight the barrel locks into the slide and bushing.

modrifle3

Buckeye
But I have said it 1000 times .... Do you expect a $600 1911 to be perfect. If you want that stop buying Rugers, buy a gold cup and have it tuned by Colt's custom shop. Spend $2000 and get what you perceive you want. I will instead actually shoot my Ruger and beat you because I am practicing instead of worrying about a minor bit of slide play. Sorry had to rant ... Rough day at work. In all seriousness I get 1" groups with cheap ammo at 15yrds with the Sr 1911 with the occasionial flyer.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I am going to keep going with this .... Ruger makes economical guns that work. Stop trying to be a cheap @$$ and spend money if you want a perfect gun. God this is like people who b!tch about buying a Ford because isn't as nice as their friends Benz.

Sorry ... Also got into a fight with my wife so I am on edge. And my dog died...ok that part isn't true. I will stop now.

dlidster

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
But I have said it 1000 times .... Do you expect a $600 1911 to be perfect. If you want that stop buying Rugers, buy a gold cup and have it tuned by Colt's custom shop. Spend $2000 and get what you perceive you want. I will instead actually shoot my Ruger and beat you because I am practicing instead of worrying about a minor bit of slide play. Sorry had to rant ... Rough day at work. In all seriousness I get 1" groups with cheap ammo at 15yrds with the Sr 1911 with the occasionial flyer.
+1 on all you say . . .

I have more than 8,000 rounds through my SR1911 now. It rattles when I shake it, but it always works. I have more than "occasional" flyers, but they have nothing to do with the gun.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
dlidster said:
I've mentioned this before. I purchased my SR1911 the first week of May, 2011 for $645. Since that time I continue to be amazed by the number of people on this forum who either can't find them or can't find them for less than MRSP. Honestly, they are out there and you don't have to look that hard.

Monday of this week I was at B W Outfitters in Anita, Iowa (pop. 952) to purchase a 10/22 TALO Boy Scout. While there I asked about their sales of SR1911s. They said business had been great. When their previous shipment of 80 was down to three (3) they received another 50. They sell them for $655. While I was in the store they still had 49 in stock. If you're interested, check out Brad Wendt's web site. If you live in Iowa, this is worth a road trip. These are great people.

BTW, I selected my TALO Boy Scout from among 20. I paid less than any price you'll find on GunBroker or GunsAmerica.

There website lists the SR1911 as "allocated" so must be an in store only item?

dlidster

Single-Sixer
Galaxiedan said:
dlidster said:

There website lists the SR1911 as "allocated" so must be an in store only item?
I can't answer for them. I just know that they had 49 for sale while I was there. Give them a call and ask for Lu. She's a good person.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
LGS started its 3 day November Ruger Days Sale today, they had 50 SR1911 guns for sale at $629.00 + tax.
No call aheads,,, first come first served.

Store opened at 9:00 am (I was there 8:45) with a line outside,,store employee at the door keeping count of people who were
purchasing SR1911's. At 9:18 all 50 were sold! ALL buyers also recieved a free Ruger T-shirt, Pistol cleaning kit and your choice of a soft holster or a pistol rug! Turned around and came home. :( :(

Terry

ozark777

Bearcat
T.A. WORKMAN said:
LGS started its 3 day November Ruger Days Sale today, they had 50 SR1911 guns for sale at $629.00 + tax.
No call aheads,,, first come first served.

Store opened at 9:00 am (I was there 8:45) with a line outside,,store employee at the door keeping count of people who were
purchasing SR1911's. At 9:18 all 50 were sold! ALL buyers also recieved a free Ruger T-shirt, Pistol cleaning kit and your choice of a soft holster or a pistol rug! Turned around and came home. :( :(

Terry

See.... It's not just iPhones that people line up for!! Except a 1911 is way cooler!

Watcher

Bearcat
Everyone else gets so lucky :cry:

Got mine for $750 sticker, about $820 out the door.

It's still under MSRP and it's the only one I've come across locally since the release last spring... My preferred LGS stopped taking names for the list shortly after release and everyone else wasn't taking names due to an overinflated list or were instead selling them on a "first come first serve" basis, and they couldn't tell me the next time they'd ever see one either...

Got a tip from a friend that one of the larger shops in the area got "a lot" of them, however many you figure that to be. Called them up, they had 8. Went in there the next day when they had 4. Payed it off and took it home 3 days later when they had none.

I may not have gotten a deal, but I have one after waiting too long and it's honestly worth every cent!

96/44

Blackhawk
Gander MTN has them on their black friday sale for $749. Makes me wonder what the everyday low price is?

revhigh

Hawkeye
96/44 said:
Gander MTN has them on their black friday sale for $749. Makes me wonder what the everyday low price is?

Gander Mountain is a joke .... not even worth walking in the door.

REV

dlidster

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
96/44 said:

Gander Mountain is a joke .... not even worth walking in the door.

REV
Bass Pro as well.

I've found Sportsmen's Warehouse and Scheels pretty decent. Scheels has a 30-day return policy on guns, used as well as new. I don't know of anyone else who offers this.

Boltface

Bearcat
The LGS called yesterday and "my" SR1911 was in, did I still want it? OH YES.

Picked it up today $549.99 plus tax.

Latest posts