What did you pay for Your 9mm 1911?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blueduck

Bearcat
Well Guess I overpaid at $736, oh well, awesome pistol, I'm still very very happy :)

Just noticed yesterday while installing some grip tape to the front strap, that the 45 model I fondled at the shop DID have front strap grooved. Is it a 45 vs 9mm thing or something Ruger has just quit doing recently?

louiethelump

Buckeye
I paid 700 delivered for mine. Aluminum frame, commander length. Nice trigger pull. Mags are unloadable past 4 or 5 rounds without a tool. Bottom corner of back strap is very sharp. I am new to 1911's. Any fix for the bottom corner cutting into palm of the hand? I took off rubber grips and put on Herrett's smooth wood. Not a fan of rubber grips. Like the gun.

BDRuger1911

Bearcat
New member here...I bought mine off GunBroker from the Wild Indian Gun Co...
Used but in "as new-never fired" condition $600. I am still waiting to receive it.
After reading the above posts I will be disappointed if it is a second but that would explain the low price.

Thanks, Brian

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
A quick look at what you paid for your 9mm 1911 Ruger pistol !

How about - wait, I don't want to influence your answer.
Whadja pay? (taxes not withstanding)?
How much is too much?

Be honest for my wallet's sake...

mohavesam,
I have quite a few RIA and ARMSCOR 1911s. They all work well go bang when I want them to
and RIAs support is without equal.
$480.00 is not a bad price. Check it out, and they sell on line. Of course your LGS probably
can do as well or better.
Blackie

https://www.championfirearms.com/Rock-Island-1911-5-Tactical-9mm-51632-p/51632.htm