"The Mighty Stopping Power of a 1911"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Tooooooo funny! 😆

Gramps was in WWII and told me about how he saw a Japanese soldier running up a slope get shot in the heel with a 45 and drop dead. "Of course," he said, "the two or three rounds of 50 BMG from a Ma Deuce that caught him at the same time might have contributed a little...."

I don't belittle the US military firearms instructors telling the young men and women that the firearms they will take into battle are the biggest, badass guns ever made. Give them a confidence builder that the weapons will work to save their lives and kill the enemy. Since wars are fought with what the military has at that point not always what maybe wanted. Sometimes it's the right choice as in the M1 Grand, sometimes not as much in the M16a1.

Last edited:

jack black

Blackhawk
I had a Viet Nam Vet tell when me he was in his fox hole out of nowhere a young skinny Vietnam regular was going to stab him (from the top of his fox hole) with an SKS. This Viet Nam Vet took his .45 and fired 2 or 3 rounds and blew the Vietnam regular right out of the fox hole.
That was a joke.

I can say if was true or not - But he was there, and I knew him well!
That's just tv and movie stuff not real life. I have watched videos of humans getting shot with just about every common police handgun at police shootings. The bullets don't blow anyone anywhere. They fall, that might be forward, back or sideways. Mainly that depends on their movement and where shot. A runner will fall in direction their running.

That's just tv and movie stuff not real life. I have watched videos of humans getting shot with just about every common police handgun at police shootings. The bullets don't blow anyone anywhere. They fall, that might be forward, back or sideways. Mainly that depends on their movement and where shot. A runner will fall in direction their running.

But But But; when I watched "Last Man Standing" those shot were literally jerked backward for several feet. You mean that doesn't really happen?

But But But; when I watched "Last Man Standing" those shot were literally jerked backward for several feet. You mean that doesn't really happen?
How would you like being on that jerk cord at the movie set. Almost as bad as getting shot. I watch some of that stuff and understand why stuntmen and women get injured. I admit being 67, but jerked like that would destroy what's left of my neck and backbone.

jmca

Bearcat
Gentlemen, some of those memories never mention if one those bullets hit a flack vest, rifle or some other pack the combatant may have been wearing. In the heat of battle you don't stop and analyze the dead person for why his reaction was so. You keep going forward putting him behind you. Later in the nightmares you remember the guy flying backwards when you pumped 3 rounds into him.

1713039044911.png

:cool:

Latest posts