What’s it worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Been a long time since I saw one for sale locally. Looks like a few recent auction sales on gunbroker that closed at around $300, which I would have considered a bargain if I saw one priced that way at a shop.

Last edited:

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
$450 tops, if it's nearly new / sock drawer gun condition . I wouldn't go any higher, you can still find Average condition ex-Corrections or Security P89's for $350 .

I got a P97 DAO for almost free a few years back, the plastic P guns don't get much market respect . There are so many poly frame 9's out there as it is.

That said , I tried to offer my P944
.40 to my dealer in partial trade for another gun, because I really don't need anything in .40 , and they didn't even want to give me anything for it. You need to find a P gun fan to sell one, unlike 3rd Gen S&W's like 5946's which you can sell instantly for $600+

People aren't beating down doors looking for P95's, plus good luck finding recoil springs . I hope they really are "lifetime " springs like Ruger says because finding replacements are impossible

GasGuzzler

Hunter
$450 sounds high but prices are regional. I have one just as described but I have extra magazines new in package. I would not take $450 for mine because of the extras. Mine is a decocker model and is all black (as I strongly prefer). Some people prefer the DAO and some prefer stainless.

$350 is my max on what you describe.

magpouch

Single-Sixer
If you are patient, you can regularly get p95's from gunbroker for less than $200. It takes time, but its a great value. I got 4 so far... Of course shipping and transfer fee's up the total a bit, but watch carefully and be patient and you can make out pretty well.

krw

Blackhawk
Agree w above post. $400 puts them in used Glock price range. I know this is RugerForum, but surely nobody will try to compare P series Ruger to a Glock. I hope not anyways!! 😳😳

dbuffington1

Bearcat
I have a whole collection of P-Guns. They are worth what the other person is willing to pay for them. All of mine are in the box never fired mint condition. I have 5 P-345's. A lot of people did not like the P-345 but I love it

What on Earth is the point??? Hi Points hold their value better 😂🤣😂🤣 Are you saving them waiting for a museum to call🤣😂🤣😂 They're a decent outdated gun. Do you have a collection of undriven K Cars in your garage as well?

dbuffington1

Bearcat
You know it is people like you that ruin a forum. You are just looking to start a argument. You must be really well liked . But I find you to be quite annoying to tell the truth.

Sorry. To me not shooting my guns, driving my cars, riding my motorcycles is like not sleeping with my wife so she's tighter for the next guy. Just makes no sense to me. The closest I have to that is 4 police trade in Berettas I got 10-15 years ago for about $150 each. They were cheap , solid and accurate. If the safety was on the frame honestly they would be my go to competition,defense bring joy to my heart pistol. As it is they are just a reliable backup. I shot them all to verify reliability and accuracy then set them up with recover grip/rails and lights to unceremoniously deposit around the house. Every few years I'll dig them out, run a few mags, change batteries, clean and lube before putting them back in case of emergency along with a few rifles and shotguns for the same purpose. I have a few dozen various firearms that I have neglected in the safe for a few years due to working out and setting up new projects for their purposes but they are known entities ready when needed.

Last edited:
For the last 40 or so years Rugers have been the Also Rans. The American/P series vs SIG, Beretta, Glock etc. What's hilarious is that Beretta won with an updated P38!!! One of my most common themes to my posts is that Ruger is truly capable of GREATNESS!!! They have the tools and with a few tweaks create true Flagship Firearms. The MK series is the 1911 of 22's. The 10-22 is still as significant, versatile and capable as it was originally. The Super Redhawk stretched to 460/500 or even 450 Bushmaster, 500 Beowolf with interchangeable barrels and rails would eclipse almost anything else on the market!!! The American and it's "Competition" variant are decent also rans but where is the Flagship? Value comes from utility, visibility and desireability.

Last edited:

dbuffington1

Bearcat
My wife & I are in the Mobile Citizens Police Academy. We donated a new in the box SR-9 and held a raffle and got $4400.00 dollars for it. The money went to the Police Dept to buy things they need. My wifes dad was in the police dept for 42 years. I do have several guns that I shoot But quite a few in the safe. Fifty years of collecting. ( Hvymax ) Sorry for my remarks . Very sorry. Hopefully we can be friends.

Dean