West Point Ruger Single Action

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
In the mid/late 90s a graduation class of West Point Cadets had special Ruger Single Actions made. The RCA had a flyer of availability to public, if ordered and paid for in advance.

Anyone know of these guns?
Anyone have one?
Anyone have a picture?

Or

Is this gun just part of my confused memories?

pete44ru

Hunter

AFAIK, they were offered in 2002.

Vaquero Class of 2003 West Point Commemorative

FEATURES:

.45 Colt cal., high polish blue, 5 1/2" barrel, gold band at front of barrel, gold plated hammer and trigger, simulated ivory grips with gold grip screw and ferrules.

The grip medallions are gold plated West Point crest.

70% etch scroll engraving on cylinder frame, barrel, grip frame, & ejector housing.

Between the cylinder flutes, two gold bands at rear of cylinder with "COUNTRY DUTY HONOR" repeating itself between the gold lines and a gold star between each of the words.

"WEST POINT CLASS OF 2003" appears in gold into lines on the right side of the barrel above the ejector housing and "UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY" also into lines on left side of the barrel.

"PROTECTORS OF THE FREE" is in gold on the backstrap, as is the West Point crest at the top of the grip frame.

The traditional "WARNING" statement was moved to the bottom of the barrel near the ejector housing & the pistol is cased in natural finished oak display case with etched glassed window in the lid.

There were 452 produced in serial range USMA03001 to USMA03452.

Cadet purchase price: $785

attachment.php

Pistol%20Side.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
These really were the first Vaquero's that Baron did specially for Ruger, which kicked off Baron's other projects with them.
We had consecutive pair of these at one time, numbers 25 and 26 if I remember correctly.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a few flyers on these if I recall correctly. I'd have to dig into my books to see.
I do remember seeing the one on display at SHOT.