Vaquero lasergrip LG-210 hunt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
Varminterror said:
Alter Requiem said:
So i think i know why they were discontinued...

http://imgur.com/Q1FDIn3

It would be comical how poorly they fit if they werent 100 bucks lol.

This gun was manufactured in '91 i believe
The packaging says "fits all ruger blackhawk, single six and vaquero single action revolvers (except pre '73, 3 screw models)

Looks like ive been had, gentlemen, time to die of a broken heart.

So... I've been accused of not having a great "bedside manner"...

It's really your fault for not realizing that you have a Bisley Vaquero, not a standard Vaquero. That grip is for an XR3-RED standard plow handle grip frame, which your gun does not have. That's not "poor fit," that's the wrong part.

Basically, you ordered a bumper for a Ford Ranger, then wondered why it didn't fit on your F-150.

Ok wait, because when i called ruger and asked for information on the serial number he told me it was an XR3 red, is it possible someone modified it after purchase to a bisley?

And if so, what am I looking at price wise to convert it back to a XR3-RED frame and should I do it myself with novice gunsmithing experience.

Slenk

Single-Sixer
Probable around $100 depending on where you buy your parts .

eveled

Hawkeye
Oh man, I feel your pain! This has been an interesting journey to say the least! Track down the xr3 frame, and if you like it, you should be able to sell the Bisley frame. Or if it were me, I'd buy a new gun to fit the grip, any excuse to buy a new gun! In any case good luck.

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=497647290#PIC

This should be compatible, right? I was under the impression vaquero and blackhawks are grip frame compatible.

http://imgur.com/F11PbLg,JFyNGIt,zhNXeVA

Here is my vaquero for comparison.

eveled

Hawkeye
I was hoping somebody w/ more knowledge than me would answer your question, because I don't own a Vaquero but I don't think that grip frame will work for you. It is listed as an old model.

contender

Ruger Guru
I wish I had looked here a bit more.
Ok, you have a Vaquero with a Bisley grip frame. As such, it's a New Model action, and you need any of the New Model type grip frames. The biggest thing is an Old Model grip frame has a different trigger return spring set-up.
A NM grip frame is an easy part to get & then your laser grips should fit.
Yes, it's possible that someone swapped out the grip frame. Done a lot around here.

If you go to the "collectables" section here, there is a "sticky" about grip frames. Look at it, as it's informative. However, realize that it's main focus is the different shapes of Ruger grip frames. Old Model AND New Model.
PS; Do not get a Super Blackhawk grip frame as it won't work with your grips either.