Two MKII's...what to do?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bjones2571

Bearcat
I think I know what I want to do, but figured I'd get some feedback from all of you gurus.

I have 2 MKII's. One is a stainless slabside competition target. It has the ruger base. The other is a bull barrel 5.5" blued target model. It is not drilled and tapped.

I want to keep one to shoot iron sights, and put my vortex sparc red dot on the other.

The sparc won't fit on the ruger base.

My thought is to keep the slabside for iron sight shooting and take advantage of the longer sight radius. I'd get the other drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail and use the sparc. I know there is a no drill option, but not sure how good it is.

Anyway, kind of rambling now, but what do you think?

Drill and tap the target model?
Use the no-drill option? (Im blanking on the name.)
Throw the sparc on the slabside?

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
bjones2571 said:
I think I know what I want to do, but figured I'd get some feedback from all of you gurus.

I have 2 MKII's. One is a stainless slabside competition target. It has the ruger base. The other is a bull barrel 5.5" blued target model. It is not drilled and tapped.

I want to keep one to shoot iron sights, and put my vortex sparc red dot on the other.

The sparc won't fit on the ruger base.

My thought is to keep the slabside for iron sight shooting and take advantage of the longer sight radius. I'd get the other drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail and use the sparc. I know there is a no drill option, but not sure how good it is.

Anyway, kind of rambling now, but what do you think?

Drill and tap the target model?
Use the no-drill option? (Im blanking on the name.)
Throw the sparc on the slabside?
I have used the Weigand scope rails, they mount using the rear sight dovetail, no drilling, and work great