True Blue by Western Powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikld

Blackhawk
I use True Blue in my 357 Mag. under a 160 LSWC. Near max. loads worked pretty well for me...

Rclark

Hunter
Yep, Good powder. I liked True Blue in all the cartridges I tested (.32s to .45 Colt). Meters very well too. Thing is, I have lots of Unique and Green Dot to get through before I get to all the True Blue I have on hand...

MZ5

Bearcat
Rclark, you mention having used it in 32s. Any experience with it in 32 H&R Mag cases, or reduced 327 Federals?

Rclark

Hunter
Yes I use it in .32 H&R Mag. I liked 5.5g True Blue under 100g RN, and 5.0g True Blue under 115g RN. Even though I have a Single-Seven, I've never felt the need to bump up to the .327 cartridge and continue to stick with the .32 H&R mag. YMMV of course. I still am not really satisfied that I've found 'the' load for the cartridge although the given loads seem to do be acceptable, so will be working some more recipes maybe this summer. With a 78g RN bullet, I haven't found a real good load yet. Although AA#2 looks encouraging for this bullet... Just need some more time with it over the chronograph.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
True Blue is on my list to try powders also. Soon as I use up my Blue Dot. I believe the last time I checked it was a little faster than Blue Dot but not by much.

Rclark

Hunter
How well does it fill the case?
In the .32 H&R mag case, 5.5g is a little less than half full by eye balling it. Just checked. Looking at my load table the ES was in the 40s. Going up in caliber, ES decreased into the 30s and 20s. For example .44 Special, ES was 24 for the load I would use. For .45 Colt ES was 22.