The best all around pistol/revolver value anywhere.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rockyrider

Bearcat
Enthusiasts, you might agree with me that the Ruger Blackhawk convertible is the best all-around gun, bang for the buck. 9mm, .38, and .357 Magnum. In a durable frame that probably could not be worn out in a lifetime of shooting.

robert4301

Bearcat
I just got a new 4 5/8" blued. I bought it mainly for 38/357 but found it's very accurate with 9mm, quite a surprise! Mine came with .357" throats in the 9mm cylinder which opens many possibilities for an avid reloader like me. How about 148gr Berry's plated wadcutters seated out to 1.145" over 3.0 gr Bullseye in a 9mm case? That's some weird looking ammo that's amazingly accurate! I think this will make a fine "roach gun" for all the lousy performing 9mm ammo I've accumulated over the years. It's not often I buy a gun in this reasonable price range that so thoroughly impresses me.

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
I bought my Ruger Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP Convertible in 1971. And it has always been my favorite handgun. It is super accurate with both the 45LC and 45ACP Cylinders. I have never had any type of problem with this gun, and I have shot it alot . And I like it more every time I use it.
ken

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Ken, I have a 1972 .45 Blackhawk like yours. I posted a picture and letter from Ruger on this .45. I said then this is a best shooting Blackhawk I have handled. I did open the tight throats on it.

57springer

Buckeye
rockyrider said:
Enthusiasts, you might agree with me that the Ruger Blackhawk convertible is the best all-around gun, bang for the buck. 9mm, .38, and .357 Magnum. In a durable frame that probably could not be worn out in a lifetime of shooting.
I own one as well and I agree with you :wink:

trapperon

Blackhawk
yes, great revolver and value. I believe the 357 Blackhawk is every bit as strong as the old 6 shot 357 Redhawk that has such a reputation for being a tank! I highly doubt you could blow up a 357 Blackhawk. A gun to be handed down through the generations for sure!

Ron

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ruger convertible revolvers are indeed the best value in a lifetime handgun!
The 357/38/9mm option covers almost every real-life want n need an American shooter can dream up. And more.
Three+ loadsn calibers in one gun. Best deal out there.

robert4301

Bearcat
I have to add some to this timely thread. In the last year, I bought a 5 1/2" blued 45 Colt/45acp, a 4 5/8" blued 357/9mm and just a few days ago, a 4 5/8" 10mm/40S&W. Aside from the sight pins drifting (a 2 minute fix with a 1/16"punch and some pliers), I've had zero problems. I've bought two SRH's, a 44 mag and a 10mm and one 5" 327 GP100. the 44 and the 327 had to go back to Ruger for end-shake on the 44 and jamming on the 327. Both were quickly and correctly fixed. I posted a review of the 10mm convertible on the ruger.net forum just now. I think the simple design and function features of the Blackhawks makes them very compatible with modern production methods. Blackhawks seem to generally accurate, well made, reliable and reasonably priced plus being very easy to shoot well. They're also easy to clean. My 45 Bisley 7 1/2" and 45 convertible are both free of the "thread choke" that is frequently a problem in large bore revolvers.

bogus bill

Hunter
The best gun deal I ever made and still have is this nickle 2 1/2" Python I bought brand new for 1/2 price in 1972 for about $165`s. Jack First ran "The Gunshop" in Lancaster California. Every January he had a 5 day sale on selected stuff. Ten % off the first day and finally 50 % off the fifth day. I nailed it the fifth day.
https://s19.postimg.cc/af50hn4lf/IMG_0946_edited.jpg

grobin

Blackhawk
I have the old 9/38/357 an like it a lot; but I just got a 10/40 convertible with the 6.5" barrel for $600. IMHO that is the better deal of the two revolvers. I haven't got to the range much but so far it's very accurate. Consistent 6 shot clover leaves at 25 yards from a sand bag rest. I'm looking forward to doing some comparisons with my Aero carbine and my Glock 40.