The 10/22 I love this gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Those are beautiful 10/22's, you have done those up well...I have recently aquired a Sig SR522 ... It is a very fun and acurrate gun to plink with and the folding stock is sooo cool. But my favorite is still the 10/22... here's a couple pic's... of the new one...

0611011141a.jpg

0529011411.jpg

0605011822.jpg

0611011139.jpg

0611011138.jpg

BulkAmmo

Bearcat
Congrats and welcome to the 10/22 club. I have the exact model sitting in my safe.

I had a hard time finding a 20" wood stock. I only found it after I picked up a polymer stock 16".

I have added a cheap red dot scope to the Ruger ... for the price it's OK... don't really like the looks of it after i got it on... hard to see in bright light. it's a baraska and for $35 i guess you get what you pay for....

In low light it does work fairly well... might keep it on.

i have adjusted it since this... better now.

JumpmasterC

Single-Sixer
I bought my 10/22 (at "Pony Express" a neat gun-store in Van Nuys, Ca that is long gone) almost 23 years ago. It has traveled all over the US with me, worn all sorts of different accessories & been modified/customized several times over. It has been taken out shooting more times than all my other firearms put together & never once became so unserviceable that 5 mics of quick, simple maintenance that required no more tools than my multi-tool on the tailgate of a truck could not fix & always chewed through any/all ammo I fed it! Original receiver too...everything else has been replaced here & there over the years, but, never because it was unserviceable!

Although every gun has it's ideal purpose....the 10/22 has diligently earned it's place as my all time favorite! Whether introducing new folks to shooting, "pinging" steel targets or eradicating an invasive ground squirrel population...the 10/22 is always ready for the task! :D

On a sad note: It has sat in the safe the last few times I went to the range because I only have a single brick of ammo left & have not been able to find more at a semi-reasonable price lately!

I too have been looking high and low for 22 ammo... every time Midway sends a notification that my product is in inventory by the time i log in to order it ... it's gone...Can't find anything at the local Wallly world now either... if i'm lucky some 45 acp or 12 ga shotgun but 22 "good luck"

Thank god i have about 5 bricks still saved... still not enough though.....

DDDWho

Bearcat
Here's mine.

DSC02180_zps20be24b4.jpg

DSC02181_zps611d88d9.jpg

I bought it a few months ago at a gun show. It shoots every time. I hit a ground hog in the head peeking out from beneath my shed, all I could see was his head at about 30 yards. I usually have it leaning against a post on my front porch for the occasional critter. Although it serves my needs I'm somewhat put off by the materials used in its manufacture.

Here is my looking gun. Its a Remington 514 single shot. Its not drilled or grooved for scope and my aging eyes cant focus on all of the sights and target at the same time. I've owned this gun (file photo) for 64 years. After countless rounds its never FTF or eject..I feed it. I lightly sanded the stock and applied some Tru Oil and had it professionally re-blued last summer. Its all steel except for the butt plate and walnut stock. I like the 10/22 but love this gun.

M514-Lead450_zps8703609c.jpg

Latest posts