Suppressor for 22/45 threaded 22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

In reference to what alkpon wrote....

Yes to one stamp per toy... but you can move a suppressor from gun to gun....

as to whether these guns are class 3 weapons, that's a different stamp for each one... but if the weapons themselves are not, and a threaded end of a barrel itself does not require an NFA stamp... then you can move the suppressor around.

alkpon

Bearcat
I cannot reply to your personal emails. The "Express" doesn't jibe with my set-up. I.E. Fees, etc...we need to not post any further.
My email is [email protected]. Shoot one this way and I'll explain.

alkpon

Bearcat
I'm not trying to be rude or distant. Just check NFA Act of 1934 and read thoroughly. Let's keep it that way. I hope you will understand my reasoning to just drop this Post.

Why drop the post.... i'll have to look back but can't see why at this point...

somebody wants a suppressor for their 22 rifle.... yes, they have to fill out a form and pay a $200 tax on the suppressor.... if they are going to put it on a short barreled or select fire gun then that also will need a $200 tax stamp. But, if the gun is just a 'regular' one that the average citizen can buy off the shelf then that's different.

sgtlmj

Bearcat
I have a Sparrow on the way. Look at the youtube videos of the Sparrow. Probably the easiest out there to take apart and clean. This is very important in a 22LR can since they get gunked up pretty quick.

I have a threaded 10/22, 77/22 and this:

web.jpg

ChattanoogaPhil

Bearcat
The problem with suppressors is that there are too many to chose from. One of the most popular is the SilencerCo Sparrow. One you rarely hear about is the YHM Wraith. I chose the Wraith.

I liked the larger diameter of the Wraith. To me, it looks more proportional when on my 15-22 and Sig522 than the small 1in cans, and since I use optics on my Ruger pistols the diameter wasn't an issue for sights. One of the advantages of having a larger volume can is that it doesn't suffer a nasty first round pop like the smaller designed Sparrow and others. The larger volume makes for a very quiet can with a low tone.

Some guys like to take their cans part and scrub clean. I don't , though I do dunk it in mineral spirits as suggested. YHM suggests to return the can for service every 50,000 rounds. I sent mine back earlier than that (around 15k-20k or so I forget now...). They cleaned it out and sent if back free of charge. I used to use wire pulling gel thinking it would help keep stuff from gripping to the surfaces but have since stopped. It has a lifetime warranty but the baffles will eventually erode and I think they charge $100+ to replace.

Someone mentioned Liberty. I've been to see Dave at Liberty and have tried out most all of his .22 suppressors. Dave's a great guy and makes some awesome suppressors.

After considering a dozen different cans, I found the Wraith to be among the lightest, shortest, most quiet, no first round pop, wasn't going to fool around with scrubbing clean all the time, reputable company with a lifetime warranty... So I pressed the buy button.

All that said, I've never seen anyone at the range with a .22 can who wasn't wearing an ear to ear grin regardless of what manufacturers can was hanging from the muzzle. Good shopping... pick one and enjoy. (':D')

Uploaded with ImageShack.us :D :D