sr9c normal chamber housing wear?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cellguy030

Bearcat
This is my first gun and i am concerned that the wear marks showing on the outside of the chamber housing may not be normal. this is after just under 1000 rounds. is this normal?

2011-03-28194842.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Mine's doing that too, nothing to worry about. It's normal.

Josh

RMFC

Bearcat
axisofoil said:
My SR40 had this after under 50 rounds. lol. Seems normal enough to me.

Same here. It doesn't affect the functionality at all so to hell with it.

cellguy030

Bearcat
good enough for me, thanks for the replies. just bugs me cause the gun is sooo nice looking!

axisofoil

Single-Sixer
cellguy030 said:
good enough for me, thanks for the replies. just bugs me cause the gun is sooo nice looking!

polish the visible portions of the chamber. Then it will all be shiny. :D

Billinator

Bearcat
I had some wear and on the front of the chamber where it contacts the slide, there were areas where the corner was folding back from impact. I sanded it first with 1500 grit sandpaper, then polished it up with a polish wheel, looks awesome, and seems to be smoother when pulling the slide back. I will warn you, it is alot of work, very hard steel there, so it takes a while.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I polished mine too, on the sr9c and p944. I hated the way it looked when it started to wear. I did it similar to billinator and it was quite a bit of work but worth it.

IMG_0183r.jpg

IMG_0180r.jpg

cellguy030

Bearcat
man, that looks waaay nice! great job!

is that only polished on the sides and the top, still textured on the angles?

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Yea, I only did the sides and top. Thought it would look nicer that way and I think it turned out really nice.

cellguy030

Bearcat
i agree, looks sharp as hell! sometime when i actually stop shooting the thing i may have to do that!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I wonder if all this wear is due to the SR series having tighter tolerances than the P series. My P95 shows very little of this type of wear, however the barrel seems to fit quite loosely in the sldie when the pistol is not in battery.

A

Anonymous

If I thought I might sell it I might wanta polish it up- but I love mine, will be keeping it, good Lord willin' & the creek don't rise. Since I'm the only one that sees it usually, I am ignoring it. Watching that it doesn;t get worse, but..

Latest posts