SR9/SR9c/SR40 Modifications and Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jhearne

Buckeye
*Added the SR9c CTC Laser

@David-Z, the SS Guide Rod from Steve Bedair is on the list already, hear he makes good stuff. However, I made my own at work a few months back. Mainly an aesthetic improvement IMO.

Josh

mn_doggie

Bearcat
jhearne":2dbajfqp said:
*Added the SR9c CTC Laser

@David-Z, the SS Guide Rod from Steve Bedair is on the list already, hear he makes good stuff. However, I made my own at work a few months back. Mainly an aesthetic improvement IMO.

Josh

Is this stainless guide rod replacement for the SR9 or SR9c?

the thread is a bit confusing cuz both models are mentioned....

jhearne

Buckeye
It's only for the SR9, the SR9c has a 2 piece guide rod that Bedair won't/can't make.

Josh

mn_doggie

Bearcat
jhearne":3ulvxezq said:
It's only for the SR9, the SR9c has a 2 piece guide rod that Bedair won't/can't make.

Josh

That's what I thought.. just wasn't clear.

theJustin

Bearcat
Today only, 9/16/2010... RUGER: SR9 10 ROUND MAGAZINE for $30

http://www.ballisticreload.com/

I think shipping is included. Yes you can use this in the SR9c, just replace the butt plate or use the grip extension.

Verndog

Blackhawk
theJustin said:
Today only, 9/16/2010... RUGER: SR9 10 ROUND MAGAZINE for $30
http://www.ballisticreload.com/
I think shipping is included. Yes you can use this in the SR9c, just replace the butt plate or use the grip extension.

I just ordered (1) 17 round and (1) 10 round mag from Buds, the 10 round was $28.00.

However, I cannot seem to locate the 10 round short mag extension for the SR9C to keep both the 10 round mags the same. I checked at shopruger.com and they don't seem to carry it either. They did have the 17 round SR9C entension at 2 for $10.00 so I picked up 2 of those.

jhearne

Buckeye
You can call Ruger for the pinky extension for the short 10 rounders. Think they end up being like $10 for 2 or something....don't have an SR9c, just an SR9 so I'm going off of memory.

Josh

2TONE

Bearcat
Ruger SR9/SR9c mags
Item number MAG-446
$ 34.97 each

SR9c Mag finger extension
Item Number 67866
$ 6.84 each

Cheaperthandirt.com

Jon9

Bearcat
Does anyone know if the model number#05110 Pachmayer grip works? http://www.pachmayr.com/slip-on-grips.php

jhearne

Buckeye
That one should fit the SR9c if. Many use the Hogue Handall and Handall Jr. for their SR9/c.

Josh

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I didn't read through all four pages of posts here, but if anyone is interested, Novak makes Tritium night sights for SR9C. They are the three dot style, not the express "V" style. http://www.novaksights.com/products/sights/models/rugerSR9.html

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
This just in:
Here is a message I just received from the folks at Meprolight.

Stuart,

Your email was passed to me for a response.

We should have sights available next month for the Ruger SR9C. They are tritium only, not fiber optic. We do not offer fiber optic sights.

Best regards

Kerry Kinder
Product Manager
Meprolight

GeorgeP

Single-Sixer
Sorry if I missed the post, but has anyone every tried changing or mod'ing the recoil spring in the SR9c? The slide is 3 times harder to rack than any gun I own. In fact, it take a two-handed over grip it rack it. There is no rear pinch rack. And forget using the slide lock as a release. Thanks.

147 Grain

Bearcat
The dual recoil spring on the SR9C Compact is overbuilt and the best way to deal with this issue is to lock the slide back and leave it there for a few days.

GeorgeP

Single-Sixer
147 Grain said:
The dual recoil spring on the SR9C Compact is overbuilt and the best way to deal with this issue is to lock the slide back and leave it there for a few days.

Thanks, I'll try until I figure something else out.

mikeruth

Bearcat
George,

I can rack the slide easily if I have a left hand shooting or golf glove on but that kills the carry option. I can rack the slide with a naked hand but I loose skin to the serrations.

GeorgeP

Single-Sixer
GeorgeP said:
147 Grain said:

This had zero effect on the recoil spring after a week of locked slide. I would have been surprised if it had worked. It's sort of like the old wife's tail about keeping mags loaded. Think about how long a car/truck sets on it's springs. They don't weaken either.

I think I'm going to by a new set of springs and start snipping coils off the old set. May be next year.....

haroldg48

Bearcat
GeorgeP said:
GeorgeP said:
147 Grain said:

This had zero effect on the recoil spring after a week of locked slide. I would have been surprised if it had worked. It's sort of like the old wife's tail about keeping mags loaded. Think about how long a car/truck sets on it's springs. They don't weaken either.

I think I'm going to by a new set of springs and start snipping coils off the old set. May be next year.....

No offense intended, but when a car/truck is sitting on it's springs they aren't compressed. They are much like the recoil spring in an SR9c when the slide is forward. Locking it to the rear compresses it fairly severely, and at least in my experience, after 3 days or so, made it significantly easier to rack (as did firing a few hundred rounds through it).

A

Anonymous

I think I read every post and didn't see this one- anyone know of a rail-light, just flashlight, for the SR9c? I've seen a hundred of em but either don't say what it fits or it doesn't fit the 9c. A reasonably priced one....