SR9/SR9c/SR40 Modifications and Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ohiorugerfan

Bearcat
The XS big dot 24/7 front sight measures approx. .195. The rear sight is an express sight, wide vee. Just bought the XS, installation was straightforward, a little work with a file as per instructions and they went in good. Tritium inserts are bright and show up well in lower light and great in dead darkness.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
i have been looking for images of that meprolight sr9 nightsights but haven't been able to see any on the internet.

does anyone know what these sites look like?
i would imagine they would be look similar to the 1911 and other semiauto sights they make

more importantly, anyone know if they are adjustable for windage and elevation ?

jhearne

Buckeye
I imagine they'd be similar to the original sights, but as for the W/E adjustment, I don't know. I shot them an email just now asking for pictures or more info on them. Will let you know what they say.

Josh

waldo1324

Bearcat
ok , so about the guide rod, talked to a "glock tech" and they said that the plastic rod was meant to flex with the shot. i think that this is not so much the way ruger would have wanted it if cost were not a concern.
opinions please, gentlemen....

pamato18

Bearcat
hey waldo,

im gonna write up about my SR9 as I've recently added a Gost Ultimate 3.5, and today received my new stainless steel guide rod from Steve Bedair. Anyway while I have not fired live rounds through it I have been cycling the gun and dry firing a bunch today (i removed the mag DC when I put in the new trigger bar)

Anyway first things first. The thing looks sweet. Hopefully I can get some pics up but you can take my word for it. very professionally done and finished. I like the feel of it and I guess it just feels sturdier in my hands.

Anyway haven't live fired yet, but what I can say from racking the slide is that it does make it feel much smoother. On Steve's website this is what a lot of his customers say. After putting in the guide rod and lightly oiling it, it is much more of a pleasure to cycle. Anyway look for a full update on my gun, including thoughts on the guide rod, after some live firing. I'll let you know if there is any issue with the flex. I am pretty sure you don't want your guide rod flexing, but I could be wrong.

waldo1324

Bearcat
Awesome, yah i do belive that Ruger would have these babies stock with SS rods if not for cost.
im thinking ill grab one of those Wolff springs and an open end SS rod.
im sure ruger.com has the lbs for the spring.

thanks!!!

blairellis

Bearcat
pamato18":22wl32tl said:
hey waldo,

im gonna write up about my SR9 as I've recently added a Gost Ultimate 3.5, and today received my new stainless steel guide rod from Steve Bedair. Anyway while I have not fired live rounds through it I have been cycling the gun and dry firing a bunch today (i removed the mag DC when I put in the new trigger bar)

Anyway first things first. The thing looks sweet. Hopefully I can get some pics up but you can take my word for it. very professionally done and finished. I like the feel of it and I guess it just feels sturdier in my hands.

Anyway haven't live fired yet, but what I can say from racking the slide is that it does make it feel much smoother. On Steve's website this is what a lot of his customers say. After putting in the guide rod and lightly oiling it, it is much more of a pleasure to cycle. Anyway look for a full update on my gun, including thoughts on the guide rod, after some live firing. I'll let you know if there is any issue with the flex. I am pretty sure you don't want your guide rod flexing, but I could be wrong.

Is the guide rod able to be disassembled for easier cleaning than the stocker? The stock rod is darn near impossible to clean behind the spring.

waldo1324

Bearcat
yah - way easier as the spring comes compleely off the rod. i got a new stock rod setup from ruger. plan to cut out the spring and put it on a custom sainless steel rod made by these guys out here near st louis

jhearne

Buckeye
If you're able to, call Ruger and ask for a new Guide Spring or Guide Spring Assembly. If it's a cheap part (couple bucks), they'll likely send it no charge. Have Bedair or a local company make you one using the stock one's design. I copied Ruger's design on it and like mine alot. Functionally it doesn't do much but give you a sense of reliability since it's Stainless, it does look good though.

Josh

A

Anonymous

hey wuts going on guys, im new to the neighborhood and a owner of a new sr9, even though i just sent it back to ruger cause of failing to fire several times, despite the set back i still love the gun its very accurate even before i adjusted the sights to my liking , hopefully Ruger will take care of the problems with ease

but i want to say thanks to jhearne for his review and excellent full detailed strip of the sr9, it helped a lot

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I just ordered a couple from Black Bear Sporting Goods for $33.11 + shipping. They use fed ex so shipping is kind of expensive but I also needed a couple mags for my KP944 and they had a decent price on those. So with buying 4 mags the shipping isnt too bad.

2scars

Bearcat
Anybody have a the 3.5 ultimate for the sr9c? I was wondering if it was a little light for carry or not. Wondering if the 5 tactical is a better choice even though it has to be fit to the gun.

Brandon

David-Z

Bearcat
See Below about SR9c Guide Rods:

Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:26 PM
To: David M. Zehner
Subject: Re: SR9c

Dave,
I can make a stainless copy of the factory SR9 rod.
A plain end rod would be $40.00 total ot a checkered
end stainless rod would be an additional $15.00 ($55.00 total).
To do this I would have to have your factory rod shipped to me so
that I could reuse the recoil spring.
I can usually have the new rod finished and shipped out the day
after I receive it.
I can take paypal or a check along with the shipped rod would be fine.
Thank you,
Steve

Bedair Machine Works
25404 Country Club Rd.
Gladewater, Tx. 75647

http://guiderod.com/

Latest posts