SR9 Defense Ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chris

Blackhawk
I have shot 9 different brands through the sr9, each without a problem. If I had to choose it would be either speer gold dot or the cor-bon jhp

A

Anonymous

everyone will have their preference. go with what works best.

My SR9 has never failed with anything. However, I have notice that EVERY ammo I've tested will vary in accuracy (tightness of groups).

My experience is Rem Golden Sabr +P are fantastic and remarkably accurate. They shoot tight groups and are dead on at 15-25 yards. I also find that Gold dot +P HPs are very accurate and reliable.

Winchester SXZ9 FMJ and HPs are essentially the same round, they shoot reasonable groups but consistently shoot 6 inches higher than where I aim.

I have also shot some Fiocci HPs, the rounds were very clean, consistent, and accurate.

Try out several brands at 15 and 25 yards, find out what shoots consistently and go with it.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Juan Gama":1aynmdf1 said:
A few points:

Carry whatever your gun shoots most accurately and reliably no matter what weight or velocity it may be. Regardless of the caliber or round type, they're all just handguns and all are very limited in their capabilities. There is no magic, one-shot-stop round. Shot placement is always more important than anything else.

Juan

Exactly. I wish more people did not just give it lip service.
Its the truth, whether FMJ or a super expanding HP.
Everyone is always hunting some mythical "best" bullet.
The best bullet is one that feeds and hits. An artery doesn't care how
how it's sliced. It's sliced, you die. Corbon, Sabers, Gold Dot, whatever.
End of story.

Ruger9mmFan

Bearcat
flyers76":13ymwbzl said:
Bracsim":13ymwbzl said:
What`s wrong with 147g ammo??? That`s what I use for SD. I love to hear WHY NO????

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm

that info is very old , things have changed including Pistols designs- most newer pistols since the 147gr fad they can handle just about anything u put in them. i use 147gr Hydra-shoks in my SR9 and also the 147gr Gold dots my SR( loves both rounds!

Latest posts