Blazer ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jav

Single-Sixer
I shoot lots of blazer never had an issue. I even have some aluminum 380 and 45 it ran perfectly but I do prefer brass that way at the range I can sweep it up in the brass pile and not in the separate trash pile

jmca

Bearcat
When I got my Lever Action in 45LC, the Dealer gave me 4 boxes of Blazer ammo to "protect the Homestead with"!. It shoots fine for me!

Reactions: jav

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Good stuff! I always keep a supply of Blazer Aluminum cased ammo around, in various centerfire semi-auto cartridges. For whenever I feel like some impromptu backyard shooting, and without having to worry about policing up any and all reloadable brass casings afterwards. It's an OCD thing for me...I've been out there searching with a flashlight after dark on numerous occasions before. 🤪

Mike J

Hunter
CCI makes an Aluminum cased round?
Yep, I didn't dig much but the aluminum cased at this site appears to be more expensive than brass cased I've bought lately. I have used aluminum cased in the past. I only had difficulties with one pistol. The spent case got stuck in the chamber. I suspect that pistol (an old Kel-Tec P-11) had a chamber that was a little tighter than my other 9mm pistols at the time. Aluminum doesn't slide as well as brass or steel.

oldcrab

Bearcat
I've bought/shot blazer ammo in differing calibers/types for years.
I honestly don't remember one misfire or problem on the whole shebang.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
I like Blazer brass rounds a lot, along with S&B and Winchester White Box in my 45 acp and 9mm. Good cheap range ammo. However, I shot about 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 45 acp 230 gr. fmj's the other day breaking in my Tisas 45 Tank Commander (ran flawless), and on sorting out my brass at home to reload I saw that the last few boxes of Blazer brass I purchased had small pistol primers in them. Not a big deal for those who don't reload, but it'll be a PIA keeping them separate for reloaders.

Latest posts