SR45 purchase ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Went to a LGS today to look at a Glock 21 SF ...and while there compared the G21 to a Ruger SR45 ...I'm a Ruger P series fan ..and owned a SR9C and a SR40C ..never could warm up to either and ended up letting them go and sticking with my Glocks...I think after handling a SR45 I'd been happier with the fullsized SR9 and SR40... On a side by side comparison the SR45 really felt good in my hand..and even though listed heavier than the Glock 21SF ..the Ruger SR45 felt lighter well balanced ...I'm really given the Ruger SR45 a serious second look tomorrow..the salesman who had a G 22 on his side owns a Ruger SR45 and told me he really likes the trigger better than his Glock 22.
A fellow there that was purchasing a FN FNX 45acp really liked the feel of the Ruger SR45 also...
I have been looking at purchasing a Full Sized striker fire 45 acp ..and I'm leaning toward a SR45 as of now..

should go well with my P90 and P97

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Well couldn't work out anything with the LGS ...but purchased a Ruger SR45 online ..hopefully I will have the gun next week...!!!!!!

Rei40c

Blackhawk
its funny Buckeye I'm the exact opposite. I love my 40c but can't warm up to the idea of the full sized sr45. I've fired the Glock 21 but not the SF version. My question would be trigger reach. On the G21 I felt like it was too big for my hand. Doable but it never felt snug. Which is better in that way? I've not gotten to hold the SF or sr45.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Even the 21SF seems to big ..when compared side by side with the SR45.....I'm not sure why I couldn't warm up to the SR40c or SR9c...I guess I've just got used to the Glock 23, 19 and such...I really like the grip on the Glock 36

The grip on the SR45 reminds me of the P345

I can't wait to compare the SR45 to my P90 and P97

I hated I wasn't able to deal local on the Ruger SR45....but only one area shop had one in stock and he wouldn't budge on the price and with tax that was just to much....so I bought one online while in his shop ...sorta ruffled his feathers ...and icing on the cake is where I called another LGS and set up transfer...but thats the 5th gun that I couldn't deal with him on...we have been as close as 10.00 bucks apart in the past...he should learn...

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Watching a customer go out the door over $10 bucks is pretty sad. Had a similar experience last week, 3 month old gun I had 100 rounds though, very well taken care of and clean, all the paper work, fired casing, manual, even the gun lock. It was %100 complete. Paid 550, asked for $400 and he came back with $325 final offer.... no thanks.

You got me looking at the G36 atm. I was considering the XDS but one thing bugs me about that gun. That 3.3 inch barrel. I don't mind a shorter barrel in other calibers like 9mm or .357 but to me, a .45acp really needs a bit more to keep velocities up for that round to do what its famous for. I just don't ever want to own a .45 where I have to worry over the load I choose keeping up acceptable velocity because of barrel length.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I really like my Glock 36

rXMH1wY9d.jpg

A fellow that works at a LGS jumped right on the Springy XDS....raved about it for a couple of months and then tried to sell it to me for a song....claimed it was just to thin..the G36 is just right ,to me...and the G 30S is just odd feeling compared to the G 36...

The SR45 was not the only gun we couldn't settle on for less than $20.00.....

I just tell you ,...if this one will not deal ,...the next one will....

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Buckeye! said:
I really like my Glock 36

rXMH1wY9d.jpg

A fellow that works at a LGS jumped right on the Springy XDS....raved about it for a couple of months and then tried to sell it to me for a song....claimed it was just to thin..the G36 is just right ,to me...and the G 30S is just odd feeling compared to the G 36...

You may have made a sale for Glock. :lol:

About the guy claiming "too thin". Wow, that would pretty much set off all my BS detectors. I don't think I've ever heard anyone who cc's complain the gun is too thin. Probably better to pass no telling what was really wrong with it.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I passed....really like the feel of the Glock 36..guess I'm just used to it....