SR1911 totally stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kf6gub

Bearcat
How will it handle BuffBore's 45 super? Will shooting that ammo nullify a warranty? I understand that stronger recoil springs and shock buffer will allow that ammo to happen. No? thx Jim :mrgreen:

roylt

Hunter
Not real sure on what you are talking about but there is a specific 1911 section. Maybe post there. Also Ruger doesn't offer a warranty.

kf6gub

Bearcat
Thanks for responding. Yup: There's this 45 super ammo, the same dimensions as 45 acp. Just more speed with the 45 super. Buffalo Bore produces it. Not cheap. Just interesting. :D

bsnake

Single-Sixer
Found this info online.

"Manufacturers such as Heckler & Koch (USP and HK45), and Springfield Armory, Inc. currently offer pistols rated to fire .45 Super 'out of the box'. Although they will chamber, the firing of .45 Super rounds in non-rated standard .45 ACP automatics is not recommended, as doing so risks a case failure in the unsupported chamber and at the very least would batter the slide and almost certainly shorten the life of the pistol."

s4s4u

Hunter
Don't know about warranty, but a stronger recoil spring should make it feasible. A stronger firing pin spring may be in order as well. Super brass is built stronger than acp brass due to the lack of support in many autos. I will be superizing my next 1911.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I was sort of unhappy when the 45 Super had the same length as a regular .45. At least the 451 Detonics was longer so you could not chamber it in a normal .45. I would proceed carefully if you want to play with it.

Dave Nowlin

Bearcat
Springfield had a .45 Super in their lineup at one top. The slide and barrel were ported. That gun would be covered by warranty firing the Super. I doubt any 1911 will be covered by warrantee using Super unless the manufacturer claims the gun is O.K. with Super.

Latest posts