SR1911 Night Watchman Talo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Not sure if this has been covered already, but I noticed on Davidsons website they are listing a Talo SR1911 in both full size, and commander. Looks like stainless gun with black nitride finish on both frame and slide, micarta drips, and night sights. None in stock, and a quick search could not find any other info on the model.

So it looks like an all black SR1911 and SR1911C

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=6709&mfg=Ruger&mdl=SR1911&cat=All&type=All&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=05477

mrbumps

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
Capacity: 17+1, 18+1" ??? Looks like someone didn't know what a Ruger SR1911 actually is.

I believe they are actually saying there is 1(One) 7 round mag, and 1 - 8 round mag.

Richbaker

Blackhawk
mrbumps said:
mohavesam said:
Capacity: 17+1, 18+1" ??? Looks like someone didn't know what a Ruger SR1911 actually is.

I believe they are actually saying there is 1(One) 7 round mag, and 1 - 8 round mag.

Correct.... there is a space between the 1 and the 2nd number. :?

Richbaker

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
The ad says "capacity" regardless. Never heard a magazine described as "x+1", not even in the cheeseist articles.
Doesn't say "magazine" capacity, does it..... they refer to TOTAL capacity, just as every other gun mfgr. Ever read a spec sheet before???????

:roll:

RCP1936

Bearcat
Google SR1911 Talo and you can see images
Sexy looking
I am sure they will sell all they have in stock

dakota1911

Buckeye
It should be interesting. I have noticed places where the Navy Seals special edition does not seem to move very fast.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
My guess is the difference in cost is due to the special metal finish on the stainless, likely sent out to a vendor, and the tritium night sights front and rear. Plus a bit more profit for something different :mrgreen:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Davidson's just got a bunch of these in, both barrel lengths, but they are moving fast. Looks like $775 with shipping for my FFL. Zanders have them in stock also if your FFL uses them.

Mike J

Hunter
I found a pic of this finally. I like the black nitrided finish but something about the grips just doesn't look right to me. I guess I'm just a sucker for double diamond grips on 1911's. http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUSR1911CMD-NW