SR1911 broken front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigboredad

Blackhawk
I really don't understand all the bitchun about the broke sight. Most people that really shoot a lot are going to change them out any way and this way you can get them done on Ruges dime. I not only got fiber optics for the cmdr that broke but also for my gov't on their dime and I talked them into shipping them 2nd day air on their dime. It is amazing what you can get done when you treat the other person the way you would like to be treated or by telling them some other company has a better product. Just my experience

Robert1955

Bearcat
The point is they should not be breaking, especially now over a year later from when the problem started. The cheap plastic sights on my Glock, and yes I will be changing them on my dime and I have no issues with Glock installing that sight stock, are stronger than a metal part from Ruger. Biting the bullet and putting a stronger/better made front sight on has got to be cheaper in the long run vs mailing pistols all over the Country 2nd day air.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Robert1955 said:
Biting the bullet and putting a stronger/better made front sight on has got to be cheaper in the long run vs mailing pistols all over the Country 2nd day air.

I agree ... This is typical Ruger behavior though. Instead of throwing away $1000 worth of possibly defective sights and putting good ones on, they ship hundreds of guns all over the country second day air to the tune of $100-150 a gun round trip. All because they didn't want to throw out a bunch of junk and they wanted to use them up. Basically ... They're just hoping some don't break, or that most owners won't shoot them enough to have them break.

Ruger has always done this with extra and leftover parts ... It's how some guns become one of a kind 'supposed collectibles' ... mistakes, double roll marks, oddball frame and barrel combinations, warnings put in the wrong locations, etc etc. You can't blame them if it's just oddball first quality parts, but you sure can blame them for using questionable parts full well knowing they're using questionable parts for over a year running. There's just no excuse for it.

REV

bigboredad

Blackhawk
Wow everyone bitchun about a free upgrade. I guess its true people will always fi d something to whine about so by all means whine on you already have rev the head cheer leader when it comes to whining about Ruger. I think you all should sell your rugers and go buy Springfield rane officer so you can spend all that extra money and then Rosie O'Donnell on their forums you all make me laugh and I can't wait to read the responses to this which will prove my point so have at it especially the highly respected rev who is so smart he didn't even know the different feed lips on the magazines of the guns he knows so much about please bring it on I can't wait

Robert1955

Bearcat
Looks like somebody is really Bored........ I almost think someone here works for Ruger as defensive or should I say insulting as the post are from some one...... I for one love my SR1911 but the front sight issue is something I should not be dealing with as the problem surfaced over a year ago. Yes it's an entry level platform to the 1911 world but for a pistol that's touted to be made in the USA to have such a prevalent issue, I mean who really needs a front sight to hit the target, is a failure in marketing as far as I am concerned. I guess we should be glad it's not barrels splitting apart. Keep it open.

revhigh

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
This thread is going nowhere; and getting personal. Use the PM feature if you want a one-on-one.
Vote to shut 'er down... :roll:

When you have nothing of substance to say, all you can do is attack other posters personally. It just shows a weak mind, and a weaker argument when a poster resorts to those tactics. You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff, as in any Internet forum. :D

Sometimes, just reading a person's posts, and noting little things like spelling, language, and punctuation can give you some very good insight as to the poster's credibility and thought (or lack of) process ... That's why I just let personal comments roll off me like water off a duck's back.

Carry on ! :mrgreen:

REV

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
There is a forum, which shall remain nameless, where some folks have gotten a FINAL message which says, or words to that effect, "You have failed to demonstrate a level of courtesy required in a place where everyone is heavily ARMED!" I try hard never to post anything I wouldn't say in the range clubhouse with my feet up on the boot rail and the fireplace going and armed men and women drinking lowest common denominator coffee substitute. (My club built a shoot house, rather than a club house, yeah I voted that way too, but I can dream can't I?)

Geoff
Who is mostly a polite, easy going bloke, despite having to spend 4 - 12 hours per week on a computer help desk...sigh, this WAS NOT in the job description and I knew the job was dangerous when I took it, but I am well paid by local standards, internal logical conflict alert!

DGW1949

Hunter
revhigh said:
mohavesam said:
This thread is going nowhere; and getting personal. Use the PM feature if you want a one-on-one.

When you have nothing of substance to say, all you can do is attack other posters personally. It just shows a weak mind, and a weaker argument when a poster resorts to those tactics. You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff, as in any Internet forum. :D

Sometimes, just reading a person's posts, and noting little things like spelling, language, and punctuation can give you some very good insight as to the poster's credibility and thought (or lack of) process ... That's why I just let personal comments roll off me like water off a duck's back.

REV

Hey Rev......
Ya aint gotta be a good speller or an English major to know that there's a manufacturer-related problem when the sight on your new pistol fly's off. To my way of thinking, it being manufacturer-related is even more obvious when ya can log on here and see that such an occourance aint uncommon, and that it's been going on for about as long as them pistols has been made.

DGW.......who don't spell all that good, but DOES know which way the wind blows.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DGW1949 said:
revhigh said:
mohavesam said:

REV

Hey Rev......
Ya aint gotta be a good speller or an English major to know that there's a manufacturer-related problem when the sight on your new pistol fly's off. To my way of thinking, it being manufacturer-related is even more obvious when ya can log on here and see that such an occourance aint uncommon, and that it's been going on for about as long as them pistols has been made.

DGW.......who don't spell all that good, but DOES know which way the wind blows.

I'm completely in agreement with your train of thought DGW. I think it's completely unacceptable that Ruger is still outfitting these guns with these defective sights, as I said numerous times above.

REV

eveled

Hawkeye
bigboredad said:
Wow everyone bitchun about a free upgrade.

Not everybody is getting upgraded sights. Ruger has refused to put the better sights on for some people.

Seems strange to me, that Ruger has made so many guns over the years with very little problems with the sights. Now all of a sudden they are having problems, and just on the SR1911?

If the sight breaks Ruger fixes it, on their dime. Basically we have nothing to complain about. My only problem is that they are using Novaks name to sell these guns, so you think you are getting something special. The reality is the sights are not even as good as the regular generic sights they have been making for years.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
I haven't heard of the ones Ruger has refused. I haveheard if ytheppeople that didn't ask or know that they could have asked. I can see Ruger refusing to upgrade if a customer calls them every name in the book and acts like a complete ass.
But rev has been saying all along they had a problem. Oh yeah their was a problem and didn't bother saying that Ruger would upgrade if you asked. I can't spell punctuate or use proper grammar but I was able to post my experience hoping it would help others. Maybe Thats why. It was my experience and the all knowing almighty doesn't have any experience with the sr1911 but boy he sure can spell and punctuate and that must be way better than experience and trying to other forum members especially the younger and other financially challenged members. Jmho of course

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
bigboredad said:
if a customer calls them every name in the book and acts like a complete ass.

Bigboredad, I'm glad you asked and got the sight upgrade.
but, I'm wondering how you managed it?? :roll:
Your posts are sure hard to ignore!

bigboredad

Blackhawk
I just try to treat them like people make laugh and try not to take my anger into the ones answering the phones. They make poor money have nothing to do with the problem but hold all the cards as to what happens next