SP101 wood grips from Thailand

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jic

Bearcat
Been looking for woods grips for my sp101, has anybody bought or had any experience from the ones made in
Thailand? Need some pro and cons on these.

jic

/

bradepb

Bearcat
I have a set for mine. They are decent quality and fit pretty well except for a small ridge on the top where the web of your hand goes, no big deal for the price. I do not use them because I just found them a little small for my taste and arthritic hands. They give kind of a 2 1/2 finger grip for me like the stock grips do. I also have the Houge wood and use them sometimes but I always end up back with the rubber Houges.

LMLarsen

Bearcat
I got these a few years ago. The feel is so much better in hand.
SP101_Grips_zps78b12886.jpg

Thel

Blackhawk
I agree with Bradepb. I got a set of finger groove Thai grips for my SP and they seem decent but are a little small for my hand which is between a medium and large so usually run a Hogue wood grip with top groove on my SP. The grips come in several configurations so another may work for you or the finger groove ones depending upon your hand size.

jic

Bearcat
Thanks for the responses; lmlarsen that is the style I would like to have on mine, thanks for posting the picture great looking grips.
What wood are they?

I think a revolver should have wood grips instead of rubber and those cheap looking plastic ones.

I did make some wood panels for mine.

Thel

Blackhawk
The Thai wood grips are sold on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xruger+sp101+thai+grips.TRS0&_nkw=ruger+sp101+thai+grips&_sacat=0

LMLarsen

Bearcat
jic said:
Thanks for the responses; lmlarsen that is the style I would like to have on mine, thanks for posting the picture great looking grips.
What wood are they?

I think a revolver should have wood grips instead of rubber and those cheap looking plastic ones.

I did make some wood panels for mine.

Not sure, some kind of Asian rosewood I think. Might be cocobolo.

photog

Bearcat
I bought these on ebay from a seller in Thailand. I love them. Quality and fit is excellent and I love how they feel.
Ruger%20SP101-3-2_zps4ya3m8ij.jpg
[/URL]

Latest posts