SP101 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DB30

Blackhawk
Recently a 9mm SP101 snubbie came my way. Nice gun but the DA pull is heavier than my Speed 6. Has anyone tried the Wilson "Custom Tune" spring kit from Brownells? Also, the serial number is 570-275XX. What year? Thanks, DB

thegiantmidget

Bearcat
I got one. I have no idea where the 'trigger spring' they sent me goes. Too big to actually go into the trigger assembly, so far as I can see. The hammer strut springs help smooth it out a little, but not so much to really make a difference. Perhaps if you get the right trigger spring (pretty sure I did NOT), your result will be better than mine.

DB30

Blackhawk
Thanks for the reply. I know not to fix things that aren't broken. And sometimes improvements are not. DB

riadat

Bearcat
I replaced the hammer spring on my sp101 with the 10 pound wolf spring and the gun still fired and the trigger was lighter. The trigger didn't feel as crisp and took longer to return.

I put the stock back in and left it alone.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
According to the Ruger site your SP101 was produced in 89 the first year of production. As far as springs go, I don't know as my SP101 is stock with a stacking trigger pull.

DB30

Blackhawk
Thank you for the reply. My SP's previous owner indicated that it was mostly fired SA. Perhaps the DA will smooth out over time.
Regards,
DB