Sore thumbs from loading LC9 magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IBHIPRU

Bearcat
One of the reasons I switched from the Glock 17 to the LC9 was an anticipated easier time loading the mags. I just hated loading those Glock double stack mags. However, the LC9 single stack isn't any better. Is there a tool to assist in the loading or am I facing perpetually sore thumbs?

tiger955

Bearcat
Ruger has an inexpensive slick little tool for loading P series mags, not sure if they work for, or have one for the LC9. Check on shopruger.com. My local gun shop carries factory mags as well as the tool.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
HK makes a plastic loader 'fits most 9mm' for $10. Probably find one at local gun shop. They have several models, the 'fits most 9mm' fits my 9c and my S&W SD9. May need to take a mag with ya and make sure it slips in there.

Loco Weed

Bearcat
Go for the quality and the wide range of applications -- get the UpLula and be happy.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
My SR9c came from the factory with a mag loader. I have loaded a mag or two without one, it is a royal pain. The loader from Ruger makes it a piece of cake.

The Uplula loader listed on ShopRuger specifically states it can be used for the LC9. A little pricey at $35. You could use your new Ruger discount and get $7 off.

Bigcarlover

Bearcat
Uplula. I use the standard one for both double stack and single stack (LC9) guns. Amazon has them for closer to $25, or you can check CheaperThanDirt.

Ridge1976

Single-Sixer
I second the Uplula loader. It's great for both double and single stack magazines. I use it for both my SR9c and my LC9. Believe me once you use one you'll never go back to loading by hand. :wink:

ptroxx

Bearcat
same here uplula....got mine at a good price...
I also kound that after a few hundred round the mags loosen up.
A lot easier now...

Bigcarlover

Bearcat
ptroxx said:
A lot easier now...

True. Gets easier over time. If you tend not to leave it fully loaded when your not shooting or carrying it, you might want to for the first few weeks to let the spring settle a little.

Bigcarlover

Bearcat
ptroxx said:
A lot easier now...

True. Gets easier over time. If you tend not to leave it fully loaded when your not shooting or carrying it, you might want to for the first few weeks to let the spring settle a little.