Slide not locking

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RevBuck

Bearcat
OK, so as I said in my intro, my new SR45 is not locking after the last round- but only with one of the mags. So, my question is, should I even bother with it, or if I let Ruger know, maybe I could get a new mag out of it? I do want more mags, and as long as I use this one as the last mag, it's not a big deal. What do you think?

Knecht

Single-Sixer
Disassemble both mags and examine the followers, compare the working one with the bad. Most likely there will be something that keeps it from going all the way up when mag is empty. Couple strikes with file might do the trick in no time.

labhound

Bearcat
My new SR45 purchased 1-7-13 would not lock back probably half the time , both mags, shooting and hand racking. The slide stop was just barely catching in the slot in the slide. My front sight dovetail was also cut into the slide crooked. I sent it back to Ruger on 1-21-13. Got the gun back on 2-18-13. Ruger relaced the slide and repaired the slide lock assembly. Works fine not. Great gun. Call Ruger, it may be the same type of trouble I had and not just a mag problem.