LCP MAX Slide Not locking back after last round

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I used to buy into the "break in" thingy for semi auto pistols.
Then I tried some others and found with things like a Glock 17, 19x, 43, CZ75, Walther PP and PPK and the Ruger 1911 they all work flawlessly ….. right out of the box ….. hundreds of rounds without fail.

My minds been changed to believe life's too short to put up with $300 guns.

I used to buy into the "break in" thingy for semi auto pistols.
Then I tried some others and found with things like a Glock 17, 19x, 43, CZ75, Walther PP and PPK and the Ruger 1911 they all work flawlessly ….. right out of the box ….. hundreds of rounds without fail.

My minds been changed to believe life's too short to put up with $300 guns.
Isn't that the truth. For me it's the sig P220 P226 series. From the first shot to the last. No issues or very rare cases.

Everyone have asked the right questions to trouble shoot the issue.

I remember when I went through the Glock Armorers "School" (all 40 minutes of it). Someone asked the question "what part fails the most on a Glock". The instructor stated the most replaced/failed part on a Glock is the "slide lock". Then he explained that the sheet metal part is a "slide lock" and NOT a "slide release", continued use as a slide release wears the square edge that catches the slide wears away because the slide is infinitely harder that the sheet metal.

In 18 years, I've replaced a couple because they are worn out.

For me, From time to time on different semi autos, the slide doesn't lock back on an empty magazine.

Not very often but it does happen. Usually, it means either the gun, or the magazine or both are dirty. A good cleaning and problem solved.

wfm

Bearcat
When new, my 10 round mag that came with the gun, and a 12 round mag I purchased would not lock back after last round. I called Ruger and explained my issue. The lady told me they had some problems with mags. She ask how many mags I had and sent me new ones. No problems with them. Slide locks back with new mags.