Single-Six VS MKIII Accuracy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It just seems obvious, given the mechanical differences that the Mark series pistols would provide superior accuracy over the Single-Six revolver...Where the post convertible Single-Six shines accuracy wise, is with the 22 Magnum cylinder installed. Some will argue until they're blue in the face about this, but every last one I've tested has provided far superior accuracy in 22 Mag, due to the bore actually being rifled for that particular cartridge.

View attachment 32109
I've noticed the same thing.

I do have a variety of single sixes. There are two in particular that I believe might come close to being as accurate as a Mark II.

Now! The next question is, which Mark series pistol is the most accurate? I've got a Mark IV 22/45 Lite that isn't as accurate as a Mark II. Far from it in fact.

hittman

Staff member
This was insanely accurate for me …..

IMG_0101.jpeg

mirglip

Single-Sixer
I've noticed the same thing.

I do have a variety of single sixes. There are two in particular that I believe might come close to being as accurate as a Mark II.

Now! The next question is, which Mark series pistol is the most accurate? I've got a Mark IV 22/45 Lite that isn't as accurate as a Mark II. Far from it in fact.
I find the Mark II to be more accurate by a small margin. I like the 5 1/2" bull and the 6 7/8" taper with target sights to be my favorite. The latter having a longer sight radius and a slightly better trigger shoots best.

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I never owned a MKlll, but...

The first MKll I ever bought was a Competition model. No reason to suspect it would shoot any better or worse than a MKlll model.

I mounted a 2x6 scope on it and shot consistent one small hole 10 shot groups at 25 yds. off sandbags--over and over again with Winchester Power Points. I'm talking 3/8".

About the same time I shot my '75 Super Single Six off sandbags and the best 6 shot groups I got averaged 1.84" with the same Power Points, though without a scope.

It would take a rare Single Six that could outshoot a MK anything.
Done the same, 10" and 6 7/8 slab, one hole at 25 yards. Love my revolver, feels great in my hand if it goes to the door in the middle of the night.

Latest posts