single six .32 H&R

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
sheep.dog said:
Any of you guys have a lever gun in .32h&r too?

The Marlin, I think they made one. My son and I were just talking about it being a 327 Mag re-chamber just waiting to happen.

I have a 32-20 New Miroku built Winchester short rifle that would make a good candidate.

sheep.dog

Single-Sixer
Hondo - was thinking the same thing and have been digging around for more info.
On another forum I just read about a guy having his .32 marlin rechambered for .327 by Harry Lawson in Tuscon and he had some nice looking results.
He stated that his hand loads, which more or less mimic the Federal 100 factory, pushes 1500fps in a GP100 4.2" and 2150 in the marlin carbine.
I hope someone will start offering a rifle for the .327.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
dougader said:
sheep.dog said:
Going to convert to .327 and I'm seriously considering shorting the barrel to 3.75 and switching to a birds head grip frame. I think that would be a hell of a little carry gun!

I love mine. The 32 H&R mag in the foreground here was cut back to 3.75" and slicked up very nicely with sights my old eyes can see, Bisley hammer, (came with the birdshead gripframe), colt style ejector rod button, and black powder chamfer. I love it.

I have considered having it converted to 327 Federal, but I like the 32 HRM in it so well I will probably pass. I have a DA revolver in 327 FM for concealed carry, a S&W 632.

i-szHBBkx-L.jpg

WOW!! Super nice birdshead!

dougader

Hunter
Thanks, Wheelyfun. I love it, and the 45 Colt Montado above it (Big Brother and all, you know...)

Those 2 revolvers have never seen a factory load. I invested in Starline brass for both and hand rolled everything that has been fired through them.

dougader

Hunter
sheep.dog said:
Hondo - was thinking the same thing and have been digging around for more info.
On another forum I just read about a guy having his .32 marlin rechambered for .327 by Harry Lawson in Tuscon and he had some nice looking results.
He stated that his hand loads, which more or less mimic the Federal 100 factory, pushes 1500fps in a GP100 4.2" and 2150 in the marlin carbine.
I hope someone will start offering a rifle for the .327.

I do, too. Those numbers sound about right to me. The 100 grain Federal jsp load clocked 1410 fps from my 3" SP101, and the 115 grain Speer GDHP chrony'd at 1315 fps.

peyton

Single-Sixer
I have five of the marlin 32's, one has been converted to shoot 327 magnum and the rest will get converted when I get home from Afghanistan.

sheep.dog

Single-Sixer
Peyton,
If you decide that its not really fair to all those marlins that you own so many, I know some good homes looking to adopt. :)

peyton

Single-Sixer
Brockman Rifles did the work. I will send his contact info to you. The marlin 32's are to be used with the ruger Single sixes I have for the grand kids. I am just waiting for them to grow a little more!! They are 5, 3, 2, and 2 months old!!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
peyton said:
Brockman Rifles did the work. I will send his contact info to you. The marlin 32's are to be used with the ruger Single sixes I have for the grand kids. I am just waiting for them to grow a little more!! They are 5, 3, 2, and 2 months old!!

peyton,

Thx for Brockman's information.
Now that's what I call planning for the future!

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
I have a Marlin 1894 in 32 H&R (and 32-20). Both are very fun to shoot.

Marlin003-001.jpg

The 32 H&R in a rifle really shines. Using the published MAX load for Lil'Gun for a 100 gr bullet I'm approaching 1800 fps in the rifle. It's quite a bit faster with the same bullet than the 32-20 using Hodgdon's loads.

Ethang

Blackhawk
peyton said:

You sir win the Greatest Grampa ever award.

Need another somewhat older grandchild?

sheep.dog

Single-Sixer
Perhaps, not beinf interested I just never noticed before, but does it seem to anyone else that .32H&R classifieds, both WTB and WTS have increased since this thread started???

gak

Buckeye
sheep.dog said:
Perhaps, not beinf interested I just never noticed before, but does it seem to anyone else that .32H&R classifieds, both WTB and WTS have increased since this thread started???

Along those lines, I'll be placing a heads up/FSE (elsewhere) very soon--friend's two early .32's (one 6.5" NIB) under consignment at LGS.

Latest posts