Security Six Question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Northrunner

Bearcat
I came across one that I have not seen before. It's a 4", blue with the Ruger target wood grips. Serial number starting with 160. The warning label letters are yellow as is the "Security Six" letters on the right side. The front sight insert is also yellow, white outline rear. ".357 magnum" letters on the barrel right side are red.

It's in great shape but a little high I thought at $450 out the door. I've never seen one with all the yellow & red lettering. Is it anything special? I'm not sure I even like all the color, but it sure felt good, action and grips.
Thanks...

hittman

Staff member
Bubba has been playing with crayons.

That's about $75.00 high in this neck of the woods.

Northrunner

Bearcat
Actually, I was looking for some useful information. I was assuming this colored lettering was done by Ruger as it is certainly done well. Am I wrong? Nobody else has seen one like this?

Hugh

Buckeye
I don't know if you're wrong about it being factory coloring of the lettering. I do know I've never seen it on one of the Six series. I have seen photographs of firearms from time to time where someone along the line has hi-lited the lettering in white, or perhaps silver or gold.

hittman

Staff member
Northrunner said:
I was assuming this colored lettering was done by Ruger as it is certainly done well. Am I wrong?

That's not factory applied. At least I've never seen one that was on a Security / Service or Speed Six.