LOW Back stainless Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Did YOU buy it? Heck yes that was a good buy. I didn't even remember there was a stainless low back. Couldn't have been too many of them?

magnum0710

Bearcat
Extremely good buy! Just a little more than I paid for mine but probably in a little better condition. You should see what common versions of the Security Six are going for on guns.com it's insane.

magnum0710

Bearcat
That was a tremendous buy. If'ns I was to sell mine, it would be roughly twice what that one sold for.

I should watch GunBroker more often. I did not even know this one was available.
Yeah I was trying to find a good one on gunbroker but gave up after getting outbid and dealing with pissing contests. There's enough to go around, if you jack up the price you're screwing both of us. If you find a different auction on the same or similar item we both get a good deal. People on gunbroker can't seem to understand that.
Although I did find a model 60 for $500 no one bid on. I was unsure so I passed on it. It went back up for $419 but it ended up going for around $475.
You can find good deals on gunbroker but it takes alot of patience.

magnum0710

Bearcat
There's a blued snubby Security Six on guns.com right now for $500. Its definitely not as nice as the one on gunbroker. Has a good amount of pitting on the cylinder.
I was going to go for it, I tried to make a few offers but it said they were too low, I even went as far as to email them to see if we could work something out but no luck.
I can clean up stainless no problem but I don't have the first idea on how to fix rust and pitting on blued steel.
In the end it worked out, I should have my Speed Six in the next couple of weeks.
A stainless low back snubby would be a nice addition to one of our collections. Hopefully the seller puts that one back up and one of us can snag it for a good price.

RESSOR130

Bearcat
I have a 2.5" SS Security Six NIB, looked for this gun for many years!

Attachments

• IMG_8015.jpeg
    IMG_8015.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 19