Ruger's answer to S&W's new "L" 44mag????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k22fan

Blackhawk
To their credit Taurus spent their R&D money and manufacturing time demonstrating what cartridges and styles of 5 shot big bores will sell. S&W tagged along behind the Judges and Tracker .44 magnum. Alaskans and 2 3/4" RHs followed S&W lead so perhaps if Ruger can design a GP 100 that maintains their safety margin in .44 magnum we might see one someday.

No DA .44 special has stayed on the market very long since S&W finally moved the last of their N frame .44specials out of storage in the mid 1960s. .44 special is a great reloaders cartridge but factory cartridges that have to stay within SAAMI psi never stimulated great sales number and never will.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
If you're gonna quote me, use the entire thing . . .
I didn't take anything out of context. :?

I see no logical, legitimate reason for this to be a concern for Ruger......or anybody else but the anonymous internet armchair legal team. :roll:

CraigC

Hawkeye
k22fan said:
....44 special is a great reloaders cartridge but factory cartridges that have to stay within SAAMI psi never stimulated great sales number and never will.
And yet the .45Colt is more popular now than it ever was.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
I'm still hoping that Ruger will come out with a 3 inch da/sa .44 spl in a frame not too much bigger than a SP101 to to fit my "digitally challenged" hands. One of my daily carries is a 3" SP, and it fits like a glove ... I would love to have the same fit and feel in a "constructed to caliber" .44 spl. Sadly, at 61 yrs old, I doubt it will happen for me.

jd

k22fan

Blackhawk
CraigC said:
k22fan said:
....44 special is a great reloaders cartridge but factory cartridges that have to stay within SAAMI psi never stimulated great sales number and never will.
And yet the .45Colt is more popular now than it ever was.

.45 Colt has fame from U.S. military usage, a zillion Hollywood shows, and its SAMMI spec loads are more powerful than .44 special. Cowboy action has not hurt it either.

I don't mean to bad mouth .44 special. I like mine, but comparing a century of .38 & .357 revolver sales to .44 special sales shows where larger profits can be anticipated. What might encourage Ruger to make .44 special DAs is Flat Top .44 special sales.