Ruger won't return gun . . . really

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A possibility has been suggested that we have not considered, me included.

What's the chance that there was some tiny, hidden flaw in this apparently pristine gun that prompted the "unsafe to fire, will not be returned" reaction on the part of Ruger?

:? :?: :?

Coogs

Maximum
Sorry, but no matter what you say, Ruger Must return the gun, that is unless the gun dealer verbally accepted a replacement. Ain't no two ways about it. Me thinks there is much more to the story here...................................................JMO< Coogs.

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
Ale-8(1) said:
A possibility has been suggested that we have not considered, me included.

What's the chance that there was some tiny, hidden flaw in this apparently pristine gun that prompted the "unsafe to fire, will not be returned" reaction on the part of Ruger?

:? :?: :?
Why would Ruger keep the details of this "tiny, hidden flaw", top secret? Had they called me with a story like that, I would have wanted some real good pictures along with a detailed explanation, and would not have settled for any less.

I believe Ruger Transfers there gun through Bud's In Sunapee just down the road should be a quick delivery.Regardless what happened Personal Property should be returned on demand. Cut and dry. Ruger may want documentation that the owner understands it is unsafe.
What puzzles me the most is why is this unsafe "Issue" a secret? What wrong with the thing? ps

OK, a little more info . . .

On the Saturday morning following his agreement to return the gun and cylinder, the dealer missed an 8:00 AM 'phone call from Ruger. He later returned the call as identified by his "caller ID" feature and got no answer.

The following Monday, he again called the same number and "a lady" answered. He inquired about the Saturday call and was told that there was no one in the facility on the weekend. He pointed out that he had called the number as identified, and she repeated the "nobody home" story.

He was initially told that it might take two or three weeks for him to receive the "replacement" gun he has been promised, and so far it hasn't shown up. He hasn't heard anything more from Ruger, either.

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

Edited for spelling. :oops:

Coogs

Maximum
Just curious, do you have the serial #???? Was it anything special? ie, the configuration of the gun? Odd barrel length? Anything like that? May be able to add a little fuel to the fire with some of that info, well, maybe. Just curious, Coogs.

I have the number but I'm going to keep it quiet for now. It is a 30-prefix number, and there's nothing unusual about the gun other than it was in exceedingly nice condition.

So, now that that's settled, the serial number of the Old Model that was allegedly "unsafe to shoot" and could not ne returned (in spite of its pristine condition) is 30-61357. It's a 6-1/2" .357/9mm convertible.

Might want to be on the lookout for it . . . just in case. Ya never can tell . . .

:wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

TKLyden

Bearcat
Gun belongs to dealer, Ruger will not return gun looks like larceny by Ruger. unless there is some law or agreement between dealers and Ruger. I suspect there is more to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.