Ruger with Colt grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I just don't like aluminum alloy grip frames or ejector rod housings on my Rugers that I shoot and are not OM collector Ruger models.

I used one Power Custom blued steel Colt 2 piece grip frame which is an excellent product. But too expensive for all the Rugers I needed steel grip frames for. Used/take off Ruger grip frames were much cheaper and little or no fitting/refinishing work.

So the dozen or so old and new models that I shoot all have Ruger steel grip frame and ER housing replacements if they didn't come with those steel parts.

All my .22 and .32 old and new model small frames and midsize frames have the NM Flattop/New Vaquero XR3* Colt size steel grip frames, blue or SS. On the old model guns using the old model wide triggers (SBH & Old Army) is a bonus.

*Note: these grip frames after 2012 no longer have the safety lock although the lock is simple to eliminate.

All my large frames have steel XR3-RED or Hunter grip frames like my Hawkeye, Super Blackhawk. 38/40 conversion, etc.

For old model large frames the Old Army blued steel and SS grip frames are a bolt on and do not need adaption for the old model trigger and trigger return spring.

Last edited:

Latest posts