SBH grip frame problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hey who know ,maybe it was even a reject?? thrown away or taken home after work??? I knew a guy years ago got his start going through the trash bins and barrels at S&W many years ago......when S&W was here in Rock Creek ,Oh., we were able to get "rejected" ammo and we used it for test firing repairs ,they just could NOT sell it "as is", same went for their target grips had bins of them mismatched, discarded no finish on them and my friend Fred W ( rest his soul) and I had redone many of them and were good to go after staining to match...ones mans junk IS another mans gold.......:cool:;)

Problem solved! Angle on the grip frame had nothing to do with it. The fit of the little boss at the single screw at the front of the grip frame would not fit into its recess on the underside of the main frame without pushing the grip frame away from the vertical surface up by the hammer. Filed the boss back a very small amount and now it all fits together perfectly. Just took a lotta head scratching. Embarrassed it took so long to figger it out. 😲

Best part of the entire episode is that the person from whom I bought the grip frame contacted me out of the blue and offered to refund my money. I told nim how much I appreciated that, but that I was going to pursue the matter a little more before throwing in the towel. I finally figgered it out, and we "shook hands" at the good finale. Shows ya how great the Rugervolk are. He didn't even have to come forward at all, let alone offer a refund. Great guy. 😁

contender

Ruger Guru
Wow! I too was glad to hear you figured it out. Without it in hand,, I'm sure many of us could not see what the problem was. Kudos on not giving up.

And as for the Forum member,, well,,, you've been here long enough to know that may very well happen. Shouldn't surprise you that much! ;) ;) :)

Problem solved! Angle on the grip frame had nothing to do with it. The fit of the little boss at the single screw at the front of the grip frame would not fit into its recess on the underside of the main frame without pushing the grip frame away from the vertical surface up by the hammer. Filed the boss back a very small amount and now it all fits together perfectly. Just took a lotta head scratching. Embarrassed it took so long to figger it out. 😲
Glad it worked out for you. Once you mentioned that I remember having a similar issue once. Wish I'd remembered it sooner!

Latest posts