RUGER TITANIUM/ALUMINUM HAMMER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Finally was able to add a rare Ruger Titanium/Aluminum Stiletto framing hammer to my tool collection.
Model AA-14MC - Tool Catalog # TI-1455 Titan - Length 17.5"- Head -14 Ounce's - Total Weight 1 LB.
Handle end cap #409.

Stiletto hammer collectors consider this model as one of the rarest production framing hammers made by Stiletto. The Aluminum handle was welded together from two pressed parts. The connection between the head and the handle were the downfall of this model & production was short lived. I'm not sure how many were made, and rumor had it that there were a few samples made in different colors, but no one has reported finding or seeing one. If anyone else has any other info please let me know.
Terry

Excellent info from a prior discussion on Stiletto/Ruger hammers.

WJOYv2Ih.jpg

RSMLQtgh.jpg

U9aIawdh.jpg

JB1Fxywh.jpg

RchYdD0h.jpg

vDgijRSh.jpg

bhW3Renh.jpg

Last edited:

frazier73

Bearcat
Wow! Pretty amazing! I now own that hammer, I bought it off eBay a couple years ago! At least I think it's the one I got the number #409 is on the bottom of mine?

contender

Ruger Guru
That is interesting. the number 409,, on more than one hammer MIGHT,, (and this is just a wild guess) just be the employee number of who welded the end cap or whatever.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
A little off topic, but does anyone know the history about casting the weight into the head? Like this one says 14 OZ. I have a wood handled one of the same size but it has no weight shown. Did they only offer one style at first so no need to mark them? Kind of like the early Single Six and Blackhawk boxes when there was only one barrel length ??? :ROFLMAO:

1700415189843.png

frazier73

Bearcat
That is interesting. the number 409,, on more than one hammer MIGHT,, (and this is just a wild guess) just be the employee number of who welded the end cap or whatever.
I own this one pictured. You say yours has the #409 on the bottom also?
Any pictures?
Terry
There's a ruger for sale on eBay right now if anyone is looking for one? Pretty nice head condition.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Contender ,
That is a thought also!
Now that we have another hammer with the #409...possible lot number for an order?? Another train of thought that I have not followed up on yet is that I believe there was
a small number of Steel headed versions also. Did they have a number on the butt & was it the same ?:unsure:

Terry

frazier73

Bearcat
I own this one pictured. You say yours has the #409 on the bottom also?
Any pictures?
Terry
There's a ruger for sale on eBay right now if anyone is looking for one? Pretty nice head condition

frazier73

Bearcat
Contender ,
That is a thought also!
Now that we have another hammer with the #409...possible lot number for an order?? Another train of thought that I have not followed up on yet is that I believe there was
a small number of Steel headed versions also. Did they have a number on the butt & was it the same ?:unsure:

Terry
Here's the ruger I got

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 45
Finally was able to add a rare Ruger Titanium/Aluminum Stiletto framing hammer to my tool collection.
Model AA-14MC - Tool Catalog # TI-1455 Titan - Length 17.5"- Head -14 Ounce's - Total Weight 1 LB.
Handle end cap #409.

Stiletto hammer collectors consider this model as one of the rarest production framing hammers made by Stiletto. The Aluminum handle was welded together from two pressed parts. The connection between the head and the handle were the downfall of this model & production was short lived. I'm not sure how many were made, and rumor had it that there were a few samples made in different colors, but no one has reported finding or seeing one. If anyone else has any other info please let me know.
Terry

Excellent info from a prior discussion on Stiletto/Ruger hammers.

U9aIawdh.jpg

vDgijRSh.jpg

I have only a passing interest in most of Ruger collectibles or non-firearm items, but it's always interesting to see them, and learn about them.

What I think of, when I look at these pics:
1) My MKII frames are welded together, just like that handle!
2) THIS is the "WARNING" label that should have gone on the barrel, instead of the Ruger "paragraph" rollmark!

😂😂😂