Ruger Sp101 CT Laser LG 111 or LG303?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stashu

Bearcat
I am confused between the 2 laser grips for the SP101. There is model LG-111 and LG-303 and about a 90.00 price difference between the two.
Any own both or have comment to which is better?

Thanks!!

Stashu

78CJ5

Bearcat
I have the 303 on my SP it is larger than the 111 and the 303 is rubber over polymer I find it much better in my hand when shooting. The 111 is smaller and hard polymer (no rubber)and made more for concealed carry. The difference in price is for the rubber on the grip of the 303. I hope this helps.

E

Single-Sixer
I haven't used either, but I think the price difference is due to the grip material itself. The cheaper one is a hard nylon and the pricier one is more of a rubber, if I'm not mistaken.

stashu

Bearcat
Thanks for the info, BUT 90.00 more for different rubber? seem quite high doesn't it ?

Take care

Stashu

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
other than the type of material the actual grip is constructed from, it's my undersranding that the major reason for the price difference is that the LG303 has an "on/off" switch, whereas the LG101 does not. If the pressure switch would not be inadvertantly activated while holstered, the additional power maintenence switch would not be a concern to me.

surv

drgeb

Bearcat
Hi, all. I'm new to this forum, after just buying my first Ruger revolver - a new (2013) SP101 4" 357. I was very much interested in getting Crimson Trace grips, but have run into an interesting snag. Apparently, my compatriots from this side of the pond either can't - or don't read English anymore - British or American. As it seems that this is a UK forum, I was hoping that one of you fine keepers of the English language can - and will - read so that perhaps I can solve my dilemma.

Both Crimson Trace grips made for the SP 101 (the more expensive rubber and the less expensive nylon) fit ONLY SP101s made prior to 2010. This is made very clear on the Crimson Trace website, and verified by phone and email. Ruger, on the other hand, never bothered to post this rather important bit of information on their website, and after a few emails and phone calls to Ruger, I finally was able to confirm that this was true.

I am trying to find out if anyone has been able to modify (while maintaining accuracy) the CT grips to fit on post-2010 models. My (hopefully) reasonable assumption is that if CT is adamant about the fitment to specific model-years, there must be a good reason. Have any of you tried these grips on post-2010 SP101s? I look forward to your response! Thanks!

~ An American Who Actually Reads!