Ruger Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
Mine are 30+ years old. I will post the information if they ever wear out or even seem to loosen up.

Fine revolvers.

Dave
003.jpg

TMann

Bearcat
Prices vary a lot around the country, and up here in the Seattle area, $375 would be a good price for that gun. Short barreled mid-sized revolvers (K-frames, Ruger Sixes) are less common the models with 4" barrels, so they tend to command a small price premium.

TMann

COR

Blackhawk
My fiance gave me this one a couple of years back for my birthday. I don't see many 2 3/4" around here and they are $400-$450 if I do. You got a good one for sure. Here's mine:

P1020845.jpg

Richard2003

Bearcat
I have a set of original wood grips from either a Security Six or a Police Service Six that I sold a while ago. I now have another Security Six but the grips mentioned above are a little small for it. Would the grips that are too small be older model grips or newer model grips?

thegiantmidget

Bearcat
I, too think the price is steep. Then again, all the auction listings seem high to me. I got a police service six in good shape with the box and papers for $250 about a year ago, and a security six snub for $275. Both were blue. Not going anywhere anytime soon, though I do prefer a 3" SP101 for general use.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
That's paraphrasing WBR from an interview in the book "Ruger and his Guns". At least one of which everyone should own.

Every engineering change ever made by Sturm, Ruger & Co. has been made to reduce manufacturing costs!

8)

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here are a couple of oddball stainless snubbies.

Extremely late-shipped (2009) early frame with factory high polish:

GA32-150-55384-High-Polish.jpg

Very rare round butt variation in the 151 (revised frame) prefix:

GA32RB-151-56039-Left.jpg

This one is more common but still hard to find, normal brushed stainless in the old frame:

GS-32-150-92573.jpg

jmelcock

Single-Sixer
That does seem a little steep. I attended a show today in SLC where I ran across a 4"police six, and a 6"security six for 250.00. I already have a security six in stainless 2.75. There is also a 4" security six in local ads for 250.00. Now my dilema is what to buy next! The 4", or 6". Both are blued-250.00. What thinks all of you?

DGW1949

Hunter
mohavesam said:
In 1985 I bought a couple Security Six guns for $189 retail.

That same money adjusted for inflation is about $385 today.

I don't think the as-new 35 yr-old, example for exactly what it sold for new, is a bad deal.

As desirable as the Security Six series appear - Why do these revolvers NOT go up in value???

Yeah, I have a few.

That has been my experience with most older guns. I aint saying that the more desirable variations won't actualy increase in value somewhere down the road, just saying that as rule, most used guns just go up in price because of inflation. Dollar for dollar, aint no real "increase" going on.

DGW

Latest posts