Ruger Flagship Pistol Caliber Carbine.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I love what Ruger has done with the 5.7 LCC. They should make it in all of the pistol calibers. What does Ruger do better than others? Takedowns and switch barrels. While everyone else is making plastic hinges to hold their guns together Ruger does takedowns which is far more solid and accurate. Look at the 10-22. It's still Barbie for men.
I picture a LCC with a collapsible PDW stock and a takedown system like the 10-22 that also allows barrel options. The 40/10mm could become a 357 Sig etc. I personally see 357 Sig as the most versatile round of them all. I can get 68gr bullets to 2,000+ fps from pistols and almost 3,000 fps in a carbine. 200gr subsonic is almost 300BO territory.

Another idea that the voices in my head just had was something like the AR57 in 9mm etc. High Capacity, Accurate, bottom eject for brass collection, possibly even takedown since Ruger does that better than most. The bottom eject alone could make it a go to for Special Ops.

I don't have a LCC mostly because of ammo cost. I can shoot 300AAC for a similar cost and .223 cheaper. Since I'm leaving the job that somewhat demands a PDW, I won't pursue the 5.7 further.
A LCC with 8.5-10" barrel and legal(ish) folding brace would be a good compromise. Even better would be a folding stock and P&W suppressor to make the required 16.1" barrel. Now THAT would be the real deal for those who need longer range w/o ear ringing muzzle blast.