Ruger emblem backgrounds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
Wow - I should've bought these when I saw them at gun shows. Actually, I only saw the Ruger Pistols & Revolvers book and remember not buying it several times because it seemed so disorganized and I could never find what I was looking for.

I would love to see an encyclopedic comprehensive chonolology of all Ruger firearms.

….I would love to see an encyclopedic comprehensive chonolology of all Ruger firearms.

You should subscribe to RENE - "The Red Eagle News Exchange Quarterly" from the author of "Encyclopedia of Ruger Semi-Automatic Rimfire Pistols 1949-1992", Chad Hiddleson.

First time subscribers will get a Reference of Ruger Firearms, Vol One and Two. This is about as good as it gets. These are invaluable to collectors.

E9B1ABA7-226A-48B7-8376-1F2F30C237FC.jpeg

1BA87034-4736-4FD8-A5C1-8A97601BBB01.jpeg

To subscribe send Email to Chad Hiddleson

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Amen to being a subscriber to the RENE. If you want a ton of excellent info,, that Reference Guide is invaluable.

But as for the books,, they too are a "must have" for any collector,, or just an enthusiast.

As for; "I would love to see an encyclopedic comprehensive chronology of all Ruger firearms."

Build a library of the catalogs. That way you not only get the chronology you get the listings of the variations up until the "distributor specials" started.
But general models & when they were built,, the catalogs are invaluable or the RENE Guide can help with all that.

I've spent many years building a library of ruger material. I have (as far as I know,) a complete set of all the published books on Ruger firearms. The info in those books,, allows for the more serious details we collectors seek.

The 3 books by John Dougan, Don Findley and Chad Hiddleson are the go to books for the early Ruger models. Don Findley also has another book about the Ruger .22 pistol that he has written. I am the fortunate owner of one of the first copies. I will have to look at it when I get home from work tonight to remember the title of it.

The 3 books by John Dougan, Don Findley and Chad Hiddleson are the go to books for the early Ruger models. Don Findley also has another book about the Ruger .22 pistol that he has written. I am the fortunate owner of one of the first copies. I will have to look at it when I get home from work tonight to remember the title of it.

This one?
Definitely drool worthy ;)

CA596549-646A-465F-97E0-CD90DEB7E190.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, I too have those books.

There is too much knowledge in so many books to keep it all in the head. That's why books are so important.

Don is a super nice gentleman,, and saves me the same "subscription" number of all his books. Yes,, I even collect the serial numbers & autographed books. (It's called Rugeritis,, and I do not want a cure.) ;) ;);)

Chief

Single-Sixer
Is there any explanation why the Phoenix was the chosen emblem for Ruger?
I have read and been told that Alex Strum was a student of heraldry and designed the emblem to reflect that. I always liked the Phoenix