Ruger display

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Huskerguy72

Single-Sixer
KWend54, those are some very nice guns.

I and many others that display with ROCS display our Rugers not to just have someone walk by, look for a bit and say "those are some pretty nice guns". I set up my display to have someone walk by, look at it AND look at the title of the display and then stop and start asking questions. That is what our purpose is - to educate people about the guns being shown, their history, and the history of Sturm, Ruger & Co.

This is what I displayed at Tulsa this year. On the left is the discription of the DA boxes and their timeline of use. In the center (Baby Yoda is guarding it :) ) is a pristine 1956 Type 1 4 5/8" Flat Top Blackhawk .357 Mag with the LOA and other background info.
View attachment 33564
I had a lot of people stop to ask about the EVOLUTION of Rugers Blackhawks and the Security Sixes and GP-100's. This is what we want, people to ask about our Rugers.
I stopped at the display in Tulsa and read what I could, I needed to get closer. It was awesome and well done. Nice examples and excellent presentation.

southernbuck101

Single-Sixer
That's the kind of collection dreams are made from, and a serious lifelong addiction begins from.
My son once asked me why every gun he ever really sees me hunting with ,or buying,or shooting lately, for the most part are Rugers. He was about 16 or 17 at the time
I'd never really thought about the reason before, as I've acquired many different firearms in my 60 years on this planet.
But I got to thinking, he was right in his observation, for the most part.
I said well,if you think about it, if Ruger doesn't currently make it, or has made it in the past, you likely don't really need it.
I could see a sense of pride come across his face , without any words being spoken.
He was reflecting on all the guns he had that I'd set life goals for him to achieve,before Id gifted them to him.
All Rugers,with the exception of a Mossberg 500 in 20 ga.

But even I don't own a Red Label.
Yet.

I stopped at the display in Tulsa and read what I could, I needed to get closer. It was awesome and well done. Nice examples and excellent presentation.
Ron and many of the other Rugerites displaying at most of the shows are personal friends and great people. I don't have anything rare or particularly special except to me but I have been welcomed into their world with open arms.
The display that the original poster did was outstanding and something to be proud of.

Latest posts