Ruger Calendar

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Picked this up the other day in a small collection of Ruger items. 1976 Calendar. Still in original shipping tube. Guy I got it from his dad was a collector. It had never been opened until he opened it up to sell it. I'm going to frame it for display. But I am curious of it's value. I couldn't find any old calendars online.
IMG_6600.JPG
IMG_6601.JPG

twriggen

Single-Sixer
The 1979 version in the same condition, but still unopened in the tube, was just auctioned at the ROCS banquet at OGCA last month. I think it went for over $50 but not sure if that represents a true value or an inflated price due to the fact it was at the banquet raising funds for ROCS.

chet15

Hawkeye
The 1976 calender is 10 times tougher to find than the 1979 calender. Note that it says Ruger Collectors Association on the tube. That is probably the only reason there are many of the 1976 version at all... a few went to collectors. The rest went to the trash.
Chet15

I second what Chet says above, the '76 calendar is much rarer than the 30th Anniversary calendar that 'everyone' purchased. I would put a value of the '76 calendar at 3-4X the '79 calendar.

the one problem may be that not many folks even know that it exists so demand is not where it should be for its rarity.

Nice find! I have only ever seen one other and then was many, many years ago.

Latest posts