Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wanted to show off my recent find. A classic Ruger Blackhawk "3 screw" in .357 mag. It was made in 1967.

Before I go further, I must say that unfortunately it already has had the factory conversion with the transfer bar added so, it does not have quite the collector value that I would hope for, but I got it at a gun show for a great price and it is mechanically very sound. Very good shooter.

Some scratches from use but that is to be expected for a 56 year old revolver.

Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw.jpg

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Wanted to show off my recent find. A classic Ruger Blackhawk "3 screw" in .357 mag. It was made in 1967.

Before I go further, I must say that unfortunately it already has had the factory conversion with the transfer bar added so, it does not have quite the collector value that I would hope for, but I got it at a gun show for a great price and it is mechanically very sound. Very good shooter.

Some scratches from use but that is to be expected for a 56 year old revolver.

View attachment 29589
I own a 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk blued .357 Mag 6 1/2" barrel that I bought in 1965. I have a western style holster and I use to quickdraw with it as well. I had it updated free by Ruger around 2010, but they also sent back all the original parts they swapped out. I think I paid $87 back in 1965 when I purchased it! The barrel tip is slight worn on the left side of the top of the barrel due to my quick drawing. Otherwise, it is in perfect condition.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 70
Did you include in your post that you need the shorter mid frame size hammer? The taller hammer for the large frame will put a dent in the rear sight the first time you pull the trigger.

Hondo, I did not know there was a difference in the hammers based on the frame. I am VERY appreciative to you for pointing this out. I am in discussion with a source and I sent your message to him for verification.

Thanks again.

Hey guys it never hurts to let OTHERS know , there actually is a difference, look at even the Single/Super Single Sixes........gee, then there are the triggers, fat, skinny, and on and on it goes....now about the ejector housings.........:cool::rolleyes:;)

,,,,,,,,,,,"and so it goes....Wil Terry " RIP

Latest posts