Ruger 75th Anniversary Mk IV 6 7/8” Tapered Barrel Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mjh

Single-Sixer
Looks Good!

The MK IV is the one I would get out the 4 offerings posted.

contender

Ruger Guru
"I find it interesting that Ruger is referring to the anniversary Mk IV as a STANDARD when it is a TARGET model…which it clearly is!'

Sadly,,, whomever is in charge of such published info (as well as most of the employees,) fail to be true Ruger aficionados. They OFTEN get real data wrong. Then much of the "younger" buying public doesn't care,,,,,,,!

And to Quote Wil Terry; "And so it goes!"

mail.jpg

As Ty points out, early promo stuff often has errors. I have to admit that this is the most interesting MKIV I've seen so far, whatever Ruger calls it. Too bad it doesn't have a steel frame.

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I wonder if the anniversary 10/22 will have a plastic trigger guard or will they make it in aluminum like an original. I jest because I know the answer. All these products are nothing like the original they supposed to be "inspired" by. Shame.

contender

Ruger Guru
If you read the press release,, it says these 4 guns REPRESENT some of the models, and highlights the (3) places they are made! They are using current production guns,, then adding the 75th logo info. Although they are adding little twists like the different stocks on the 10/22.

Just remember,, while they may not be exactly what we'd like to have,, at least they are still building great guns & we are still in a country were we can buy them. (Mostly.)

Some random Mark thoughts.

Only the MKIV has a real claim to 75 years since it's based on the original Ruger offering. All the others are later.

At least Ruger selected a Mark like they did with their 60th (they just added some others), not like the 50th where they stamped pretty much everything.

Ruger choose a model that they dropped early in the MKIII production and had not produced in MKIV until now???

First 6 7/8 tapered target model to be offered with wood grip panels since the MKI.

Can't wait to get one.

Bottom line is they still CANNOT get it right, the 50th anniversary 22 auto was a MK II, the SIngle Six was a mini Vaquero, not the "OriginaL" SINGLE SIX with a flat sculpted top strap , drift sight, the, 357 and 44 mag flatops, the Super BH 44 mag., and Bearcats they did it right,,,so it is ONLY a representation of the "Years" of manufacture, NOT the proper models them selves............ and I wn't even get into the 10/22 and they made "Commems." for about everything almost as bad as the Winchester 94s since 1966...oh well anything to make a 'sale'........... make a few, make them PROPER, and they will be collectible and valuable...........:cool::rolleyes::unsure:

Latest posts