Ruger 22/45 Lite 3907 Bronze variations

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
When Ruger introduced the 3907 bronze Lite for the Ruger 4R program they first came out in the 390 pre-fix. Later some were sold by Davidsons that had a 391 pre-fix. Sometime in-between a color variation came about. Here are some box variations along with rear sight changes.

contender

Ruger Guru
What makes them unique is the fact they carry the same model number and the same catalog info,, but are different variations of the same gun.
Excellent score there Rick!

Mine from the last (?) 4R run is a 391 prefix and matches your middle pistol. Had to wait quite a while to get it because Ruger had run out of them and had to make a new batch.

chet15

Hawkeye
I've only seen the gold colored guns so far in the 391-2xxxx range. I think they were the first of the new production for the 4R program. Mentioned this in the May RENE.
Chet15

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Just thinking about these lites off hand I can think of 12 variations not including prefix changes or model 3903 blems that varied in colors from silver to almost black. I should make a list of guns I know to date.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Ty, So this is what variations I know of the lite's.

Model 03900 gold anodized and lets call it a first generation pattern. Short run discontinued early production.
Model 03901 bronze Talo anodized only one proto type produced, first gen pattern.
Model 03902 Black anodized Talo exclusive, 3000 guns produced first gen pattern.
Model 03903 Black anodized production 2013/2014 Second generation pattern.
Model 03904 Raspberry anodized part of a 72 gun shipment. Marked as blems I know of 7 guns. Box marked black anodized. First generation pattern.
Now this is what is odd another lite with same model number but different color.
Model 03904 Cobalt anodized. 2 known and were part of the 72 gun shipment and a third was auctioned at a Ruger display show the box written held for Mike Fifer. Also box marked on the two were listed as black anodized. First generation pattern.
Model 03905 Interesting these came from a shipment of 104 guns same pattern as the 03903 but varied from a silver gray finish to a almost black finish. I have 4 color variations in my collection of this model and all marked as BLEMS.
To note all guns listed above are with a 390- pre-fix.
Model 03906 Cobalt anodized. Third generation pattern. 2014/2015 production. Note: some of these changed from a 390 prefix to a 391 prefix.
Model 03907 Bronze anodized. Second generation pattern. Produced for Ruger's 4R program. Early guns were 390 prefix and later went to a 391 prefix. Also there was a box change to a smaller box. Also some guns were a greenish gold color verses the redish bronze color.
Model 03908 Blue anodized (shark gill) fourth generation pattern. 390- and 391- prefix serial numbers. small box.
Model 03909 Muddy girl camo patern. Fourth generation pattern
Model 03910 Red anodized Fourth generation pattern. Davidsons exclusive.
Model 03911 NRA Red anodized fourth gen pattern. Davidsons exclusive.
Model 03912 Green anodized Fifth generation pattern.

There were some rear sight changes during production and some later had the scope rail already mounted.
This is about as good as it gets with my old memory.....

contender

Ruger Guru
As I hang my head,, wishing I had a few of those myself,,, I have to congratulate you on getting those guns. A display unto themselves.

And the information,,, Chad can use it for the RENE Guide & it'll help us all if we luck into one of those odd ones somehow. Thanks for sharing the info Rick!

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Ty, I did a display one year at Tulsa and Puyallup. Here is a pick of the display and this was done just after the BLEMS came out. So no muddy girl or bronze guns. The backboard is what Ruger used at the shot show and NRA show the year the lite was introduced. Also here is the factory cut-away gun Ruger had done. You can see the cut-away in the center of the display. Not sure if it would count as a variation. You can also see the raspberry and cobalt first gen lites. Both are listed as BLEMS.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Ty, I did a display one year at Tulsa and Puyallup. Here is a pick of the display and this was done just after the BLEMS came out. So no muddy girl or bronze guns. The backboard is what Ruger used at the shot show and NRA show the year the lite was introduced. Also here is the factory cut-away gun Ruger had done. You can see the cut-away in the center of the display. Not sure if it would count as a variation. You can also see the raspberry and cobalt first gen lites. Both are listed as BLEMS.

The Raspberry with box notice BLEM sticker.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
RPM Enterprises said:

The Raspberry with box notice BLEM sticker.

Who are you blackmailing to get this stuff. Very nice. :D

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Who are you blackmailing to get this stuff. Very nice. :D

Nobody.... :roll: As a serious collector I have several other people who keeps an eye open for guns. And I have some folks in high places who owe me a lot of favors :D Most of the time its just keeping your nose to the grind stone and looking under every rock :wink: It was a lot better in the old days when I had friends who worked at the factory.

RPM Enterprises said:
Ty, So this is what variations I know of the lite's.

Model 03900 gold anodized and lets call it a first generation pattern. Short run discontinued early production.
Model 03901 bronze Talo anodized only one proto type produced, first gen pattern.
Model 03902 Black anodized Talo exclusive, 3000 guns produced first gen pattern.
Model 03903 Black anodized production 2013/2014 Second generation pattern.
Model 03904 Raspberry anodized part of a 72 gun shipment. Marked as blems I know of 7 guns. Box marked black anodized. First generation pattern.
Now this is what is odd another lite with same model number but different color.
Model 03904 Cobalt anodized. 2 known and were part of the 72 gun shipment and a third was auctioned at a Ruger display show the box written held for Mike Fifer. Also box marked on the two were listed as black anodized. First generation pattern.
Model 03905 Interesting these came from a shipment of 104 guns same pattern as the 03903 but varied from a silver gray finish to a almost black finish. I have 4 color variations in my collection of this model and all marked as BLEMS.
To note all guns listed above are with a 390- pre-fix.
Model 03906 Cobalt anodized. Third generation pattern. 2014/2015 production. Note: some of these changed from a 390 prefix to a 391 prefix.
Model 03907 Bronze anodized. Second generation pattern. Produced for Ruger's 4R program. Early guns were 390 prefix and later went to a 391 prefix. Also there was a box change to a smaller box. Also some guns were a greenish gold color verses the redish bronze color.
Model 03908 Blue anodized (shark gill) fourth generation pattern. 390- and 391- prefix serial numbers. small box.
Model 03909 Muddy girl camo patern. Fourth generation pattern
Model 03910 Red anodized Fourth generation pattern. Davidsons exclusive.
Model 03911 NRA Red anodized fourth gen pattern. Davidsons exclusive.
Model 03912 Green anodized Fifth generation pattern.

There were some rear sight changes during production and some later had the scope rail already mounted.
This is about as good as it gets with my old memory.....

Are you saying that there are seven known raspberry Lites?

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
I only have seven confirmed serial numbers for the raspberry lites. Out of the 72 gun shipment that went through Lipseys only about half the guns were opened up and inspected. Not all were raspberry color. Couple were cobalt and black model 03903. Until someone comes fourth with another it's only 7 confirmed. Why you know of another?

contender

Ruger Guru
Sweet display there.
Getting stuff like this requires a lot of networking,,, as well as making the right friends. It takes time, patience, & money to be able to score goodies like this.
Excellent job there Rick!